Weird and wacky "sports" on ESPN

Mad Eyed Screamer

I finished work at 11.30pm and headed home but stopped off at a bar for a few scoops.
It's now 6.40am UK time (1.40am here) and there are 8 TV's in front of me and loads behind. Most are super bowl shite stuff but the one in front of me is totally bizarre and is an ESPN channel.

It began with marble racing....... grown blokes letting a marble roll down a cut channel down some hill with sticks strategically placed at various points to be obstacles along the way.......

Next up was some kind of duck race.... competitors had to make a small kind of boat that holds a few yellow plastic ducks and set them off down a stream against the clock...

Then it was corn hole.... throwing a bean bag into a hole in a wooden board a little distance away.... hundreds of fans watching in temporary seating Gene Kelly style....

Now it is showing bar football. There are more Gene Kelley type small stands in the building with spectators "whooping it up" at each goal scored...... 2 referees over seing games....... (see picture)

How are these games not only a sport but actually have spectators and TV stations screening them? Each to their own of course. But this is just fucking weird

Last edited:
Seem to remember in the early days of satellite TV that Screensport along with live Argentinan football had some strange stuff on including a sort of kids darts played by adults where the darts were sticky rather than pointed but looked like real darts.

Ffs it's 2.20am and now it's women's bar football...... all the contestants dressed up as if they were playing..... absolute shite

Finishing off my pint and off home
And all these weird sports are an improvement on the Super Bowel. Something approaching 3 hours for one hour of play; a bit like watching Everton v Palace.

anyone seen the dog diving yet?? Some tool lobs a frisbee in the air and a dog has to run along a diving board and catch it...
Also watched puppy football once, in the greatly named "World Pup", where they put 10 puppies in a pen with a ball and a goal at each end..not great entertainment half the puppies were asleep (it was a bit like West Ham yesterday)

Joking aside....ESPN can do one...Used to subscribe every year so my missus can watch her college softball..Theyve discontinued the ESPN PLayer app, so you need 2 American VPN (one for Ipad and one for Apple TV) and and American based credit card and a US TV Provider subscription...Had to shell out 60 quid and call in a few favours but were now up and running.

Disney so much to answer for, ruined Star Wars and now ruined ESPN (for Europe at least)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.