Weird signing that we DID make:

Whitefield Blue said:
jayfx said:
Nicky Sumerbee (second time around)

Can name lots of bobbins players, Negouai, Corradi, Bianchi.... but as the question is about weird players then Sumerbee is a weird one for me as I didn't think that he was any good the first time around.

He only had one spell at City.

he did come back only to train with the club whilst he was looking for another club, didnt play for 1st team though....

Going back a bit I know, but would have to say Steve Daley who we broke the Bank for. I remember going to see us play at Burnden Park and Steve scored the winner, but think that was all that he did in his time as a blue.

We paid just short of £1.5M for Steve back in 1979, which was a huge sum at that time.....no wonder we were a laughing stock!

salfordpaul said:
Andy Milner. Mark Robbins Mickey Walsh. Tony Scully. Anyone for Carl Shutt Robert Hopkins Nigel Johnson Carl Bradshaw ?

Just looking at these names is plunging me into a deep depression.

Peter Bodak anyone?

for me there's too many mentions for players who looked like they might be good signings but turned out not to be

the following were weird IMO:

gerry creaney. swapped for paul walsh ffs.

nicolas anelka (first top class striker since trevor francis, therefore weird at the time that we finally had one on the books)

elano (brazilian international, wtf? - again, at the time)

but the biscuit goes to sammy fucking mcilroy. and god he was shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.