Well, that's me right in the mire

Slightly skewing off track.
Back in the seventies we hired a washer off a local scallwag called Clever Trever.
Trever had the momopoly for all the villagers wash needs.
For those who could not afford it was the sink or the local brook with a stick and rock.

We were doing good and had all the mod cons in our house as well as a Ewe Bank for vaccing up .
Our twin tub was the appliance of science and we hapily loaded it full of shitty nappies an bibs.
You put them in the left hand side and added your dobie dust.
Before switching on we both had to sit on it to stop it vibrating and walking around the kitchen.
It was like a churning Thermopoleye hot gates in there for thirty minutes and the stench was an aquired taste.
After draining we would spin the nappies in the right side of the macine hence the name twin tub.
After this we would put them through the mangle which would remove the last drops of waste water.
Then off to the washing line to proudly peg out our pastel brown terry nappys to air and freshen in the working class breeze
You don't know your born'e OP !

I have to go it' raining heavy . ffs ehh

My mother had one of those too. Said she didn't trust front loaders in case it flooded our neighbours.

Would not part with it until it literally came apart.

We never had a washing line we had a contraption over the bath that you could lower or raise to hang your washing on. Gardens are so last year.

But you're right about the morning rekindling of abuse. Some would say justified, but, not me

You know it's coming when they walk about faster than they usually do.

I had made the fatal error of not putting it out of sight. Although, if I had, she would have mentioned it and accused me, correctly, of trying to divert her.

Her final salvo as she left centred around the voracity and indeed legitimacy of my university career.

"What did you do there, where you a janitor?"

She then apologised to janitors for that remark then said

" they look after whole sites you can't even do a fucking washing".

I attempted to say something

" Don't say a fucking word please, not one word."

And with that, she was gone.
Ha ha we've all been there this thread has made me smile after what has been a shit week for most of us.

Ha ha we've all been there this thread has made me smile after what has been a shit week for most of us.

Thank you. That makes me feel glad I'm such a twat and made an arse iof a simple wash.

I'm now sitting drinking fizz in the garden and she loves me again.

And she calls me fuckibg stupid?

Irony is lost on her.

Thank you. That makes me feel glad I'm such a twat and made an arse iof a simple wash.

I'm now sitting drinking fizz in the garden and she loves me again.

And she calls me fuckibg stupid?

Irony is lost on her.
Women I'll never understand something that bleeds for 4 days and doesn't die ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.