Were you wrong about Pep?

BamberBridgeBlue

I'm outing myself.

Since Shiek Mansour took over I have seen things at our club I never thought possible. We won the Premier League for the first time (yes I mean Premier League since the breakaway from the Football League) for which Bobby Manc deserves a statue. Our first trophy, F.A. Cup for 4 decades(ish). Then Pellers came along and matched those achievements and got us to Champions League Semi final.

It was against this backdrop we were linked with Juergen Klopp and Pep. At the time of this I still didn't think we could land either target. Being honest I would have preferred Klopp. I subscribed to the view that My Aunty Betty could manage Barcelona and Bayern Munich to their respective domestic success and European campaigns. Whilst I knew that our squad couldn't deliver Peps style last season, I expected that he would promote more players from our academy and challenge. I was disappointed. I was of the opinion his style and almost Wenger style stubbornness would be his doom. I finally lost my shit against Everton at home at the first home game this season. Although Calvert Lewin cheated to get Walker sent off and we still did enough to win three matches, I was so pissed.

All I wanted was to win a league at a canter and genuinely challenge for a Champions League.

We have / will achieve the first. I'm convinced about the second. Who else is prepared to admit Pep showed us doubters good and proper?

I doubted him last year , I apologise pep , you are the man .....humble pie for tea again ..

Most people could see what the issues were last season so based on that the vast majority new once Pep freshened the squad up and introduced some younger legs especially in the full back areas and added a new keeper we and he would be fine

The thing the majority didn’t expect this season was the way Pep and his team have basically torn the rest apart and the style and breath taking football on show which not only has the rest in this country in awe but the world also

Anyone who doubted Pep needs their head feeling

Your not alone. My mate (season ticket holder most of his life like me) said he should be sacked a few times last season. He constantly said we had gone backwards.
I'm always an optimist when it comes to city, even when we were really shit, but i could see what pep was trying to do. For patches in games last season we were unreal, like most of the games this season.

I have sent him screenshots of his messages many times this season!

I had high hopes and still underestimated him. I kinda saw this season coming but considering i have never seen anything like it; getting my head around it was hard.

The idea he was not up to it was not even something that crossed my mind going of what i knew about him.

I thought he was a bit naive at times last season but he's learnt from that and he's replaced the players that needed replacing and well this season speaks for itself.

Personally no. But I know a man that does. Still.

It's pretty incredible actually. An old school, ardent blue.

I guess sometimes we don't see the wood for the trees.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.