West Brom (h) pre-match thread

City v West Brom prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hows the sky looking for tomorrow with the supermoon? Hoping to get a few pics with it above the Etihad either before or after

Hopefully our new Laporte will get a cameo tomorrow....need to share the workload and to bed the lad in

This is now top vs bottom after Swansea beat Arsenal tonight.

Performances have slumped though, I think it's just reflective of how shit some of our opposition is that we only lost 1 game.

And I think the big league lead has changed our level of expectations because if we only wanted to win the league and a cup then we're in fine form, it's only because we are targeting CL success and 3 or 4 trophies this season that form is a problem because we're playing like a decent league winning side at the moment, not an all-conquering treble wining side.
No team flies through Christmas and into January - heavy pitches at some grounds (to say nothing of the mountain of injuries), but our grind through this phase of the season is a cut above the rest. Get the Prem sorted in a couple of months, go flat out in the League Cup Final, game manage the Wigan fixture and let's see where maximum effort in the Champions League takes us.

Last edited:
Alan Pardew (West Brom): "You don’t want to see them leave through injury, no-one does. But you still have to play rough and tough to have a chance. We’ll go there (to City) with a tough game plan, but we will not be encouraging those sort of challenges."

I worry about that lunatic James Maclean running around like a headless chicken scything down anything within reach. Remember the previous game at the Hawthorns when he came on as a late sub and launched himself on at least 3 occasions and took out City players ? He was only on the pitch about 10 minutes and could have been sent off for any of those tackles. I'm not sure he even got a yellow card - I could be wrong. Another serious injury is that last thing we need.

Manchester City winger Leroy Sane has been ruled out for at least six weeks with an ankle injury.

New £57m signing Aymeric Laporte may be involved if his deal was registered in time, but Gabriel Jesus, Benjamin Mendy and Fabian Delph remain out.

Daniel Sturridge could make his West Brom debut, but fellow new recruit Ali Gabr is unlikely to be involved.

Jonny Evans and Hal Robson-Kanu are nursing hamstring problems and will be assessed, along with several others.

Alan Pardew (West Brom): "You don’t want to see them leave through injury, no-one does. But you still have to play rough and tough to have a chance. We’ll go there (to City) with a tough game plan, but we will not be encouraging those sort of challenges."

so in other words, go out and break some legs lads.

I would say we need to get on the refs back from the first whistle tomorrow but he will probably thrive off that.

probably a load of bull from Pardew to unnerve the team -but expect zero from the ref who makes last sundays excuse look half competent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.