West Ham DoF: "I'm not racist, but Africans can be trouble"

What you have missed is the fact his comment is xenophobic and not racist and it's an incredibly important distinction
Thank you! Finally! What insight!

By "African" he actually meant "anyone from Africa" - wouldn't want any white South Africans on his roster as they're trouble makers. I see now.
-----
Fucking ridiculous!

I wonder who leaked the email, and who at the club was privy to this “policy”? Henry must surely lose his job over this regardless. At best he’s guilty of a lazy, idiotic generalisation and at worst something altogether more sinister. Reading his quotes he seems to just carry on digging a deeper hole for himself. Judging by some of West Ham’s signings I’m not sure he was very good at his job anyway.

I wonder who leaked the email, and who at the club was privy to this “policy”? Henry must surely lose his job over this regardless. At best he’s guilty of a lazy, idiotic generalisation and at worst something altogether more sinister. Reading his quotes he seems to just carry on digging a deeper hole for himself. Judging by some of West Ham’s signings I’m not sure he was very good at his job anyway.

Onuoha.

A lot of West Ham fans seem to think David Sullivan leaked it, in order to deflect attention from himself. Not sure if that’s true though.
Nah, can't see it as it damages his own asset. There's a cross section of wham fans that are as rabid about Gold and Sullivan as some on here are about Txiki. The email was sent to an agent and cc'd to a club official, seems to have been the agent that leaked it (perfectly understandable if they represent a number of African players).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.