Western Union Money Transfers- HELP NEEDED URGENTLY!!!

goatfeeder100

Has anybody used this business to send money online? Some guy from America bought some trainers from me on ebay, and requested they be sent to an address in Nigeria, at which point alarm bells started to ring for obvious reasons. I contacted paypal to ensure that the payment he sent was legit, which they confirmed it was. But they are now asking me to use this Western Union to make a money transfer into their processing department in Africa, before my money is released into my paypal account. Naturally I am worried as to the legitimacy of all this, especially as I seem to be dealing with an office in a country notorious for fraudulent activity. What do I do? Do I have cause to be worried by all of this? I have already posted the trainers so should just take the loss on them and leave the money transfer so I don't lose another ton, or am I being paranoid and this is a genuine transaction? The emails I have received from paypal are genuine as far as I can tell, so I am at a loss as to what to do. The Western Union website will not allow me to pursue making a payment to an address in Nigeria, so this also worries me. AND I have never encountered a Western Union office near my locality, so it's turning into the biggest faff I have had to deal with in a long time!

Any help or advice would be massively appreciated.

mammutly said:
If the trainers were bought by someone in America who has paid you via Paypal, the rest of it should be irrelavant. Or am I missing something?

The basic problem I have is that whilst I have had an email from paypal saying the money has been sent to my account and is on hold, the first problem I have is that there is no evidence in my paypal account that the money is in my account, and is pending clearance or anything like that. As far as my account is concerned the money doesn't exist.

Secondly, the goalposts seem to move with every email I send to paypal, and it's got to the stage now where I am expected to send £100 through Western Union to some office in Africa, before I can be credited with my money. This is the main thing I have an issue with, as I have never heard of Western Union and have no idea whether it is legitimate or not, and whether or not I will basically be giving my money away.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp</a>

Ask yourself this:

Why should YOU be expected to send money to someplace when YOU are the one to whom money is owed.

Forget it and write off the trainers as lost, this smells like a scam to me.

spogga said:
Ask yourself this:

Why should YOU be expected to send money to someplace when YOU are the one to whom money is owed.

Forget it and write off the trainers as lost, this smells like a scam to me.

These are my thoughts but I have all these emails from paypal who are supposed to be a legitimate company, and it is them who have asked me to send this paypal charge. But I don;t get why I have to send money to them, when they have said the will send me that money back anywa plus the money I am owed by the guy who bought the trainers. It smells seriously like a scam to me as well but why are paypal privvy to all this and are the ones asking me to make this payment??

I'm totally confused.

You can one of two things.

1. Send off the money as requested and be prepared to lose £100

Or

2. Do as I said in my first post. Believe me, this is a scam. If I'm wrong, sue me

<a class="postlink" href="http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?messageID=1207593333&forumID=7#1207593333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa?me ... 1207593333</a>

Read this. Better still, post your problem on there, they'll give you all the right advice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.