We've got enough....

I think the fact we made v early signings has distorted the success of this window. Re Sanchez - great player but it would have affected Sane & Sterlings playing time - not to mention the best forward in the League - Kun. We've also got Gundy coming back. Also need to allow Foden & Brahim a proper chance & Sanchez would have prevented this.

Defensively - could have done with a back up CH but we signed 3 defenders & still have Mangala who did well last season in Valencia (? I think it was). Did we keep Tosin? If so then this is how we should be moving forward i.e. giving one or 2 kids a chance.

From a financial viewpoint - net spend now removes us from the tedious "spending" club tag.

All looks good.

It wont with the Rag loving media

Utd have lukaku martial rashford and zlatan
Madrid have Ronaldo benzema bale
Psg cavani neymar mbappe
Spurs Kane son Jansen llorente
They're just off top of my head not many teams just have 2. Even Chelsea technically have costa batshuai moratta.
I think that is quite a skewed way of looking at it. Are Bale, Martial and Son out and out strikers? rashford nothing special (he's a 1 goal in 5 match man currently), ibrahimovic out till Christmas, Jansen absolutely shite and Costa currently on strike and Batshuai not looked great in his first 12 months at Chelsea. We have plenty of attacking options and whilst some of them may not be out and out strikers they can probably do a job as striker at least as well as a fair number you have mentioned there. I doubt many fans of our rivals look at us and think we are light in attacking areas tbh.

Last edited:
For all the hundreds of millions spent we're still relying on Kompany and Aguero staying fit.

For all the hundreds of millions spent we're still relying on Kompany and Aguero staying fit.
Totally agree.
Only 2 strikers is a worry.
People talk about being able to get our younger players some game time.but Delph was on the bench for Bournemouth in place of foden.
I hope PEP knows what's best.
We have to trust him.
C.T.I.D

but Delph was on the bench for Bournemouth in place of foden.
Realistically you can't stick Foden on the bench every week, he needs to have a chance to play 90 minutes of competitive football, even if it is at youth level, fairly often.
Also Delph made the bench because we were selling him, it was a move to show he was fit.

The only position that slightly concerns me is left back in that we don't have any proper cover. I would have liked to have brought in another or kept one of the kids back from going out on loan. Lets just hope Mendy can stay fit all season or until January so we can bring someone else in for cover.

It wont with the Rag loving media

Nothing new there then! If we had signed him we would have been buying a team at the expense of youth etc. We can't win on that front. But from a City fans point of view we had a good window. Sanchez was for show imho

I think that is quite a skewed way of looking at it. Are Bale, Martial and Son out and out strikers? rashford nothing special (he's a 1 goal in 5 match man currently), ibrahimovic out till Christmas, Jansen absolutely shite and Costa currently on strike and Batshuai not looked great in his first 12 months at Chelsea. We have plenty of attacking options and whilst some of them may not be out and out strikers they can probably do a job as striker at least as well as a fair number you have mentioned there. I doubt many fans of our rivals look at us and think we are light in attacking areas tbh.

Great summary. Totally agree. Would have loved a seasoned CH - & would have taken Evans like a shot. Don't care if he was a rag - he's a pro. Not to be but we move on

Still think we've got the best squad in league hopefully we get lucky with injuries and if Mangala does have to play he stops playing like a donkey, would of been nice to add Sanchez goals to team but oh well roll on jan? ;)

It's a pity that some of our best academy prospects (Brahim and Foden) are in positions that we are well stocked in. Whereas a talented left back would get some game time.

We patently don't have enough as we have 4 centre backs, one of which is unwanted by us, and 2 strikers.

I really hope our deadline day failings don't come back to haunt us in May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.