What a Bluemoon refreshing change

I tell you what is a refreshing change... there's plenty of disagreement going on this morning yet somehow we've avoided threatening to kill each other! I take it the school kids are enjoying their first day off by having a lie in ;-)

BobKowalski said:
Real life always puts things in perspective.

And yes there are some good threads on here although the definition of a good thread is invariably the one that contains views you happen to agree with.

What is interesting is how many have 'downgraded' expectations not just in terms of players but what we expect from the team. What Hughes has done intentionally or not is put us firmly in our place. Not only has he put us there but mentally we are getting used to it. Its all now all about getting comfortable with what is a familiar enviroment in which there is no room for high profile players especially if they are Brazilian. Instead of Kaka we now think Bullard - a player I actually like but its interesting to see the shift.

And yes we are lets face it an under achieving medium sized club with little to no profile in world football managed by a man with little to no profile in world football management. So perhaps its no surprise when higher profile players ie Brazilians (we will use them since they are apparently the root of our problems despite the fact none played yesterday) show little respect or that our most high profile player seemingly gets to choose if he plays or not.

It reminds me of Rooney at Everton who left to go to a big club with a big manager who could handle his abnormally large ego. Rooney was very dismissive of Moyes and Moyes was happy to get rid plus bank 30 mil and then took Everton to 4th place on a tight budget with a small diisciplined squad just to prove a point. All very Hughesy. Trouble is they didn't do that well in the CL itself and 4th with a cup run is the best of their ambitions and under Hughes fashioning the club with his players and his style that is precisely what we will have as well.

What really bugs me is that you can almost hear the relief coming from the top 4 and beyond. The PR value that the shock of the Robinho move created was immense as a new powerful club burst onto the world football stage. Fast forward 4 months and everyone that matters is ignoring us because whilst we are rich we will always remain small time with our current attitude and manager. We will be attractive to the odd mercenary superstar but serious players who want to make the mark and win things will go to the traditional big clubs.

I have no idea which way ADUG will jump in January. There is talk of big name players on hold and waiting for the summer with more Hughes type players in the frame but no one really knows.

As for relegation, I mean 18th at the half way point who would have thunk it eh? Personally I cannot see us relegated but I think the club, management and players better start thinking its possible and playing like its possible otherwise we may end up sleep walking into an even bigger mess.

So I guess we make a choice. Mine is to combat the small club mentality by employing a big club manager of proven quality. We saw the immediate effects last year and I enjoyed all the speculation as we gatecrashed the top 4 and became the 'big game' on Sky. Much more enjoyable than the relegation battle we fought yesterday. This is not a request to get Sven back. Sven just gave us a taste of what a quality manager can bring so lets go and get a manager even better.

Oh and for those who just want to harp on about Sven and his 8-1 well I'll see your 8-1 and raise you an 18th f**king spot in the PL at Christmas.

Well balanced and thought out post Bob.
I have been firmly in the 'Give him time' camp since this 'slump'. But, have to admit I am having grave concerns now regarding how our position affects the prospects of 'big name' players coming. If, as is looking more and more likely, Hughes simply cannot manage such players, then I think let him buy the Bullards etc that will pull us out of any real relegation danger, then come summer, a manager with the relative experience and profile be brought in, early as possible to take us to the level we hoped the investment from ADUG would do.

Gaudino said:
It hasn't been quite as hysterical and OTT as expected. But saying that, have avoided a lot of the obvious threads. Schools' out, and a lot of them are going to be all giddy awaiting the big day on Thurs, so will expect a few to have been venting on here.
To be honest, the recent posts regarding Oldham Blue, Stuart's op, and the poor lad in Germany have put the football into perspective for myself, and quite a few others on here I reckon.

Here here...

Ive been as hysterical as most others certain times and will prob continue to be so, its the nature of our great club and its supporters.

But you are right, the comments you make highlight 'perspective' in its purest form.

So I guess we make a choice. Mine is to combat the small club mentality by employing a big club manager of proven quality. We saw the immediate effects last year and I enjoyed all the speculation as we gatecrashed the top 4 and became the 'big game' on Sky. Much more enjoyable than the relegation battle we fought yesterday. This is not a request to get Sven back. Sven just gave us a taste of what a quality manager can bring so lets go and get a manager even better.

Oh and for those who just want to harp on about Sven and his 8-1 well I'll see your 8-1 and raise you an 18th f**king spot in the PL at Christmas.

This. We either let Hughes build his own team that he can manage, or we bring in a manager who can manage the squad we have with his own additions.

I was in the give him time camp. But on the strength of what I am witnessing now and that we occupy a relegation berth having just been beaten by the bottom club with yet another abject display, I now favour the latter. It's just a question of time anyway, so IF the right man is available immediately, then roll the dice baby. I am sure that given time Hughes will improve us but then that could be said for Joe Kinnear or BFS right now too. The question now is will the patient approach get us relegated first.

I understand those still preaching patience but will you still be preaching it if we lose at home to Hull? Or away to Blackburn? The league table does not lie gents. We are back in the mire.

I'm in the 'end of season camp'. Agree we are in a shite position, but we are very poor in squad quality department.

Hoping that he will turn this around with some good signings that will make us a solid outfit and then, come end of season i would expect to be signing the players to push up another level again.

Totally understand some of the 'hughes out' posts, but some of them are comical. It must be the excitement of opening their presents on Thursday.

BobKowalski said:
Real life always puts things in perspective.

And yes there are some good threads on here although the definition of a good thread is invariably the one that contains views you happen to agree with.

What is interesting is how many have 'downgraded' expectations not just in terms of players but what we expect from the team. What Hughes has done intentionally or not is put us firmly in our place. Not only has he put us there but mentally we are getting used to it. Its all now all about getting comfortable with what is a familiar enviroment in which there is no room for high profile players especially if they are Brazilian. Instead of Kaka we now think Bullard - a player I actually like but its interesting to see the shift.

And yes we are lets face it an under achieving medium sized club with little to no profile in world football managed by a man with little to no profile in world football management. So perhaps its no surprise when higher profile players ie Brazilians (we will use them since they are apparently the root of our problems despite the fact none played yesterday) show little respect or that our most high profile player seemingly gets to choose if he plays or not.

It reminds me of Rooney at Everton who left to go to a big club with a big manager who could handle his abnormally large ego. Rooney was very dismissive of Moyes and Moyes was happy to get rid plus bank 30 mil and then took Everton to 4th place on a tight budget with a small diisciplined squad just to prove a point. All very Hughesy. Trouble is they didn't do that well in the CL itself and 4th with a cup run is the best of their ambitions and under Hughes fashioning the club with his players and his style that is precisely what we will have as well.

What really bugs me is that you can almost hear the relief coming from the top 4 and beyond. The PR value that the shock of the Robinho move created was immense as a new powerful club burst onto the world football stage. Fast forward 4 months and everyone that matters is ignoring us because whilst we are rich we will always remain small time with our current attitude and manager. We will be attractive to the odd mercenary superstar but serious players who want to make the mark and win things will go to the traditional big clubs.

I have no idea which way ADUG will jump in January. There is talk of big name players on hold and waiting for the summer with more Hughes type players in the frame but no one really knows.

As for relegation, I mean 18th at the half way point who would have thunk it eh? Personally I cannot see us relegated but I think the club, management and players better start thinking its possible and playing like its possible otherwise we may end up sleep walking into an even bigger mess.

Big post little fact i'm afraid,we have lost in Petrov & Johnson two players that had they been fit would have seen us without doubt in the top reaches of the league & to an extent losing Bojinov was a big blow aswell .
The part about "our most high profile player seemingly gets to choose if he plays or not" is based on what ?? the fact he had a painkilling injection when he played against the rags but wouldn't do it against a lesser team,well he played against Santander & in hindsight he would have been better flexing his muscles & not playing but he did though not fully fit.
You seem to forget that purple nose was NOT a high profile manager when he took over the rags & saying he has dealt with shrek better than moyes did is total fabrication he's a loose canon & is getting worse,shrek left for a team & it could have been any team as long as it was going to win trophys as alan smith did.
Oh and for those who just want to harp on about Sven and his 8-1 well I'll see your 8-1 and raise you an 18th f**king spot in the PL at Christmas
First half of the season was good 2nd half was terrible & it wasn't just that result as you seem to think.
Of course we want to be challenging for the top 4 & if our top players could have stayed clear from injury then perhaps we may have done.

Again good post post Bob, TBH I will re-iterate what I said last week and that is I agree with Hughes that we are not in a relegation scrap (although at the moment the table does not lie) however, we have too much qualty now and will add to that come January. There are a lot of factors effecting the team at the moment from a new style of management team (And training regime) to the nice but rather distracting UEFA cup run (It happened to Everton, Bolton and Blackburn over the last couple of years). The signs are their that it will pass and we will go on to be successful in the future. And to all the "Hughes" out fans just think for one minute how easy it would of been today for ADUG to sack the management team, however they know unlike us what is happening behind the scene. The face on Hughes last week when asked about transfers was there for you all to see grinning like a Cheshire cat, would you sack a manager who has negotiated and probably got his men in Jan, NO, therefore be patient I think in the next few weeks it is going massive. Stick around for the ride, you know City always a rollercoaster. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.