What are your roads like?

We're told we need to keep our cars fully serviced, MOT'd, etc. to ensure we're safe to drive on the roads. Yet the roads are not safe to drive on. Every other road I turn down where I live, another pot hole appears.
Don't get me started on car insurance either. Robbing bastards.

Shocking. Had one or two close shaves attempting to dodge the things. Constantly onto local council website reporting issues. They won't take action unless the same pothole has been reported x100 times. Seems to be same everywhere.

Don't get me started.

The roads on a national level are a disgrace and outright dangerous.
What exactly are local councils playing at ?
In my opinion,it's little bit too simplistic to say there is a lack of funding from central goverment / the local councils are skint etc.

Take a look at the top executives/ bosses at local councils the country over...these people are drawing basic salaries of £150k to £180k !! If you can find the figures online each council has at least 10-15 top earners with these incomes. Why ?

In London their income figures are even more obscene.

The push to reduce the number of car drivers on our roads is one thing ,but cyclists are risking their lives every day, as hitting a pothole on two wheels is incredibly dangerous.

The situation is an utter disgrace.
Even more dangerous on a motorbike.

Well Oldham/Rochdale council have drawn lots of white lines round our so maybe that’s their way of filling them!

Today I drove from Manchester to Glasgow and I was staggered at the number of potholes on the M60, M61 and the M6. Potholes on A roads are not good but on a motorway they could cause a fatality

Absolutely diabolical… Mentioned it before that we even pay more for the upkeep here in North Wales..

I’ve been driving a sporty car since October which exacerbated things .. It’s going in October before I lose all my fillings

Today I drove from Manchester to Glasgow and I was staggered at the number of potholes on the M60, M61 and the M6. Potholes on A roads are not good but on a motorway they could cause a fatality
We’re back and to between North Wales and Didsbury a lot atm.. the stretch where the Knutsford link road joins the M56 is getting dangerous now with massive holes and ruts.. in the daytime you can normally avoid them but at night you just don’t see them.. It won’t be long until there’s a serious accident.. I feel for bike riders in particular

The bit that really grates is that the stretch was in poor condition surface wise when they reopened it .. that’s fucking diabolical

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.