What are your Wembley plans?

I've not been back to Wembley since that glorious day against Stoke. I had waited 37 years to see us win a trophy of some description and it pretty much overwhelmed me, completing the journey.

Don't agree with semi-finals at Wembley and the ridiculous late Sunday kick-offs for League Cup finals, just another insult to football fans.

Got kids of my own now and hoping we reach FA Cup final this year so I can take my lad.

We'll be at home on Sunday, watching the United v Chelsea game first then will hopefully celebrate another trophy with a chicken tikka shashlik and vindaloo curry sauce, before settling down and catching up with a few episodes of The Blacklist on my planner.

Rock and roll.

Train down Saturday afternoon for a day and night on the piss in London. Staying over Sunday and coming back Monday afternoon

Drive down 8am ish Sunday Morning, park at the Hotel in Gerrards Cross, Couple of Beers in Gerrards Cross, Train to Wembley, few more beers in Wembley. After the match train back to Gerrards Crross and a few more beers. Stay over and drive back Monday.

Taking my lad to his first Wembley final, so just getting the train there on Sunday morning and then straight back afterwards. Booked on the 20:15 train back though, so will have a problem if it goes to extra time and penalties.

Due to the unreliability of Sunday train travel and the the probability they will all be packed,I am travelling down Saturday and staying two nights in the Wembley Travelodge, returning home Monday.

I would have flown down like I did against Sunderland but the late kick off made getting back dodgy.

Taking my lad to his first Wembley final, so just getting the train there on Sunday morning and then straight back afterwards. Booked on the 20:15 train back though, so will have a problem if it goes to extra time and penalties.

Should have saved your cash on the tickets, due to the cramped conditions on the train, no one will check for tickets.

We live in South Oxfordshire so Wembley is the closest ground that we play at regularly and therefore I welcome games there as much as anyone can.

Our Kid, who still lives Up North, can't go so I will be taking one of my daughters to her second Wembley Final (the last League Cup Final v Liverpool was her first) so I've gone for seats on the top tier this time so she can see more easily.

We will drive to Wembley and I have parking booked on someone's drive near the ground - which I've used numerous times now (both for City games and stadium gigs). We'll probably aim to arrive a couple of hours before the game to soak up some atmosphere.

We'll have got home and, if we win, rewatched the game before most people get back to MCR.

Should have saved your cash on the tickets, due to the cramped conditions on the train, no one will check for tickets.

Yes often they don't bother but you do sometimes get a keen guard. Also nearly every station has ticket barriers now so you need some kind of ticket to get through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.