What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Just read 'The Strangest Family.'

An account of the Hanoverians from George I to George III.

Brilliant.

Just finished The Broken Empire trilogy. I wasn't sure about the first one, but stuck with it. I'm glad I did because it was a great read. Jorg has to be one of the biggest cunts of all time, but you still can't help cheering him on. Imagine Joffrey from GOT, but with a sicker sense of humour and a worse temper and instead of being a coward he's scared of nothing.

Jorg and his road brothers are some fuckin' crew aren't they!

Half way though the "Age of Iron" trilogy on your recommendation. No quite Abercrombie/Cornwell standard but it's good stuff.

I'm enjoying this at the moment mate.
514LJcIGpfL._SX300_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I haven't enjoyed a fantasy book as much as this in a long time.
I will second this recomendation. Its not George Martin's Game of Thrones. And I do not say that as a criticism. It's not an epic family vs. family story but rather a book about the rise of an individual. Very well done though. And the start of what I hope is a lengthy series.

A non-fiction book, The Blunders Of Our Governments. Describes government initiatives that they completely bolloxed up in one way or another. Covers things like the Poll Tax, the CSA, Individual Learning Accounts, The Asset Recovery Agency, etc.

Billions of pounds of public money lost via incompetence and fraud. An eye-opener of a book if you're interested in politics.

I'm reading the second one at the moment. I don't read much fantasy these days but this is the best that I've read for a good number of years. The story and character development style remind me a bit of Robin Hobb and her Assassin/The Fool trilogies.

I recently finished Hobb's latest in the Fitz bad The Fool trilogy, absolutely brilliant. Gutted I've got to wait till next August for the 3rd!
I've read all her books set in that world and I'm completely gripped by them, I really hope she carries on writing more.

Just finished 'The stars my destination' and I enjoyed it immensely. Fantastic book, like a sci-fi version of The count of Monte Cristo. The hero/anti-hero is a proper ****, but you can't help but cheer him on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.