What do you want to see from our captain?

Prestwich_Blue said:
The players around Dunne aways made him look better than he was, particularly Distin and Richards last season. Now Richards has lost his way, Dunne's frailties are becoming more obvious. He's not terrible but who seriously thought he was our best player last season?

But that's City fans - we'd rather have a mediocre trier than someone with a bit of class who can take us to another level.

Yep, nail on the head regarding dunnie that

This isn't a "Dunnie is shit" thread just a bit of constructive criticism about what would improve our team. No problem wth Dunne as a player at the moment but as a captain he will not take us where we want to go.

Nice to see a proper thread not distroyed by kids calling names .........yet!!!

The simple fact is that right now Dunnie is playing poorly and its hard to do the job as a captain when your form is suffering. It doesn't mean that he is gone and can never get it back, but it is very worrying.

Prestwich_Blue said:
The players around Dunne aways made him look better than he was, particularly Distin and Richards last season.

I'd say it was the other way around just as much.

RTFpost - I didn't say Dunnie was shit, I like the guy from what I have seen and he is a capable PL CB.

I just don't see him EVER telling people to get their act together, controlling the back 4 and midfield etc. He may be all that but he isn't displaying captaincy or leadership qualities, compare him and Terry, Gerrard or Camelgob, at least they appear to care about what is happening when it's falling to shit around them.

bluemoondays said:
I just don't see him EVER telling people to get their act together, controlling the back 4 and midfield etc.

He does all that.

ob2 said:
This isn't a "Dunnie is shit" thread just a bit of constructive criticism

Brucie Bonus said:
His resignation.

Very constructive.

Fair enough the majority of posters are offering constructive criticism. I just think there are far more important area's to improve in our team than Dunne. If anything, he's probably one of the last people we need to replace in the current starting 11.

Also, right now our squad has nobody who is worthy of taking the captaincy of Dunne, so until Hughes signs a recognised leader then we may as well not bother discussing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.