What everyone got planned this weekend?

Just back from a 48hr session on the tidal Trent,first time on the tidal and it’s a very different prospect to most rivers I’ve fished,5/6 oz lead to hold bottom and watch where you put your bivvy!
It was a tough session as the wind was howling most of the time and it’s so vast and featureless you really struggle to get any shelter.Having said all that it was a really enjoyable trip and although I only had one barbel of around 7 lb I witnessed the two guys sat either side of me land several barbel over 12lb and two over 15lb,two carp Upper teens,and a chub an ounce under 7lb,all fishing the same method and same baits!
That’s fishing and sometimes your lucks in,sometimes,or in my case,most times,it isn’t!
I’ll definately be back there soon as I’ve seen with my own eyes the quality of fish on offer!
We have an angling thread pal. Not seen you on there. Is it a private stretch or day ticket?

I haven't much planned this weekend apart from picking my eldest daughter up from mcr airport. I didn't plan it she did cos dad's taxi is free! I don't mind though.
Charge her the £4.50 exit fee at the airport, ask Boris for his advice if she refuses to pay.

Bit of admin work, take my Dad shopping, watch cricket on TV then cook an evening meal for my Mrs and Dad then watch the final T20 match on telly at 7pm. I’ve probably got the least exciting day of anyone on here, looking after an elderly fella when I’m no spring chicken is tough.

However, tomorrow is golf and a few pints, on reflection I’ve still got the second least exciting day on Sunday.

Bit of admin work, take my Dad shopping, watch cricket on TV then cook an evening meal for my Mrs and Dad then watch the final T20 match on telly at 7pm. I’ve probably got the least exciting day of anyone on here, looking after an elderly fella when I’m no spring chicken is tough.

However, tomorrow is golf and a few pints, on reflection I’ve still got the second least exciting day on Sunday.
Another great thing about increasing life expectancy mate. More of us will get to spend our retirement as carers - a physical job for someone who is a pensioner themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.