What famous fans do we have?

My mate who is a blue just said to me that John Thaw of the Sweeney and Morse was a blue, I hadn’t realised this because i really liked him as an actor and he passed away way too early.

My mate who is a blue just said to me that John Thaw of the Sweeney and Morse was a blue, I hadn’t realised this because i really liked him as an actor and he passed away way too early.
I remember watching a programe where John Thaws ex wife Shelia Hancock said John was a big blue along with most of his family until the munich tragedy when John felt sympathy for utd so moved more to following them,
As you say a great actor & seemed like a good bloke.

Unfortunately, he was a Rag. Started out a blue, from a blue family, but changed allegiance after the Munich tragedy. I also read somewhere that he'd softened towards us again in later life because we were the underdog. It might of been a quote from his wife Sheila Hancock. Either way, he was never a die hard fan.

The Sweeney was/is the best cop show ever. Thaw and Denis Waterman wer brilliant as Regan and Carter.

Incidentally, I used to deliver to a couple called Sweeney, and their daughter married a Mr Regan.

I’ve just looked up his Wiki page, and he was born in Gorton, so it’s hardly surprising that he was a Blue.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, he was a Rag. Started out a blue, from a blue family, but changed allegiance after the Munich tragedy. I also read somewhere that he'd softened towards us again in later life because we were the underdog. It might have been a quote from his wife Sheila Hancock. Either way, he was never a die hard fan.
Brian Kidd was same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.