What has happened to our leaky defence?

We dropped the keeper who let every shot in. Has the added bonus of the defence being more confident cos they know not every mistake they make will result in a goal now.

Unfortunately we have a knack of conceding too many in games that really matter.

Willy has made a difference though but I still think Pep isn't totally happy with what he sees at the back, hence the constant changing of Otamendi and Kolarov.

The full backs are dross.

Since Jesus came into the side and galvanised the whole team, the intensity noticeably increased as he set the tone. Since he got injured, the challenge had been set to Aguero and to his huge credit he's stepped up. When your striker is running his balls off, the rest of the team has to as well.

On top of that, Caballero has been really solid.

There's still frailty there, as exposed by Monaco, but they're a better attacking side than anything we'll face in England.

Since Jesus came into the side and galvanised the whole team, the intensity noticeably increased as he set the tone. Since he got injured, the challenge had been set to Aguero and to his huge credit he's stepped up. When your striker is running his balls off, the rest of the team has to as well.

On top of that, Caballero has been really solid.

There's still frailty there, as exposed by Monaco, but they're a better attacking side than anything we'll face in England.

We do look a bit shaky against the better sides but pretty solid against the average ones. Liverpool had 13 attempts which is much higher than usual although they probably came thinking they could win, unlike
Stoke. The next couple of games will be interesting. Arsenal are quick and they could cause is a few problems on the flanks. However they are fragile currently and we have to take advantage of that.

Chelsea for me will sit back as we have to attack them. That game will be tricky for me as they don't have to win. Favours them for me that.

We do look a bit shaky against the better sides but pretty solid against the average ones. Liverpool had 13 attempts which is much higher than usual although they probably came thinking they could win, unlike
Stoke. The next couple of games will be interesting. Arsenal are quick and they could cause is a few problems on the flanks. However they are fragile currently and we have to take advantage of that.

Chelsea for me will sit back as we have to attack them. That game will be tricky for me as they don't have to win. Favours them for me that.
Yeah Arsenal have the ability to get at us, but if we play like against Liverpool they won't be able to compete with it and we should dominate the game. Then it'll come down to taking our chances and stopping their counter-attacks.

Chelsea will be really hard, although I reckon our best is better than theirs, they're obviously way more consistent.

Sanchez is training with Chile squad so this supposed ankle injury was not that serious.

Although the rise of WIlly definitely helps I do feel that Stones being tighter has negated some of the oppositions attempts at penetration.

Willy-639333.jpg
you can't beat a good Willy ;)

Goals conceded domestically 2 in open play in 10 games. Is this a record for City? Must be close.

This period was preceded by Everton game.

Have we changed anything? A fluke? A period playing weaker teams?

Regardless I was surprised when I looked at it

City 1-1 Liverpool
Boro 0 - 2 City
City 0 - 0 Stoke
Sunderland 0 - 2 City
City 5 - 1 Huddersfield
Huddersfield 0 - 0 City
Bournemouth 0 - 2 City
City 2-1 Swans
West Ham 0 - City 4
Palace 0 - City 3
When was a penalty open play?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.