What has to happen for us to be awarded a penalty?

I've been saying this for weeks, the oppositions seem to kick the crap out of us and nothing, we breath on the opposition and it's a free kick. Sick to death of players looking for free kicks around our penalty area only for the refs to oblige, it's shocking to watch.

Yup.. it was nicely summed up with Pienaar's free kick towards the end of the game. You see that same instance with Sterling/Silva/Aguero going down.. and he'd tell them to get up with the commentators saying how shocking it is. It's unbelievable that it happens as often as it does, and how it's constantly ignored.

When our players do go to ground easier than normal (as staying on our feet achieves fuck all), it's us "diving" and as you've seen our players seem to get booked for it (Sterling being an example) or are talked about at length by "pundits" (using the term loosely) by twats such as Howard Webb putting it into everybody's heads that Aguero's a diver. Like he tried to at length when we played Leicester yet chose to ignore when Depay did it far worse the following week, which he said was a pen I might add.

As a team, We're just too nice. Where's the reaction? its all too lackadaisical for me. These are decisions that are costing us games. no one on the pitch seems that bothered.
Have to agree,nobody wants to see players chasing or surrounding the ref,but at times it's justified when you feel you've been hard done by,you can bet if that had been Everton they would have been straight at the ref or most other teams...

aguero looked to also have a shout for one today but no replay was shown just like at arsenal when sterling looked to be taken out by mertersacker never shown or spoke about.

You only have to see the referees position to know he knew it was a foul he just didn't want to give it.

I think that as the situation can't get any worse, that if I were in Kaldoon's position, I would write a strongly worded letter to the head of the referee's association, copy in the Premier League and I would ask

1/- why those four blatant pens weren't awarded
2/ -Question Howard Webb's conflict of interest position working in the refs association and for BT
3/- Imply the refs association of being corrupt

Completely agree with this.

We need to put it out there that we are challenging refs and the FA to prove they're not cheating or corrupt.

Even if they are, they won't want to be seen to be once it's in the public eye. They need to feel they are being watched and obliged to give us penalties. We should make a lot out of this and keep on about it in the media.

And the players could help by appealing a bit more, pressure them on the pitch. The most successful sides are those who refuse to accept it when things don't go their way.

I'm also getting fucking sick of opposition players pushing ours in the back (to the point where they fall over) and getting nothing. Then when the shoe is on the other foot it gets given.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.