What If Everyone Supported Their Nearest Football Club?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
View attachment 56649

If the populations of the catchment areas around English league-system football clubs, supported their local teams, above is how the most popular teams would look ranked.
I wonder how they calculated those figures. Much as I would like to see it happen I can't see how United would end up in League One with around 3m people in Greater Manchester. Mind you I have always thought there was great potential on the South Coast for a club like Brighton.

I wonder how they calculated those figures. Much as I would like to see it happen I can't see how United would end up in League One with around 3m people in Greater Manchester. Mind you I have always thought there was great potential on the South Coast for a club like Brighton.
Says it’s calculated using ‘straight line distance’. So, a clubs catchment area stops at the point another club becomes closer. Looking at the clubs, this is a few years old and the rags now would be capped even more due to the emergence of Salford City. The rags’ position does seem a bit odd, but Trafford Park is sparsely populated and the west side of Manchester does thin out pretty quickly and then they’ll start running into Bolton, Wigan etc. We have the same issue running into Stockport and Oldham, but central, East, south Manchester is more populous.
Overall, it’s a bit of fun and anything that demeans the rags is good for a laugh.

I’m surprised Carlisle are so low. They must have pretty much the whole of Cumbria and even parts of North Yorkshire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.