What is ... Britishness?

Swales lives said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Swales lives said:
To me Britishness is:
A feeling of frustration - why didn't I tell that teenage girl on the tram to turn down the music her iphone?
she was clearly annoying about 20 people and she knew it. She wanted the confrontation but all us 9-5 types didn't.
I just thought "can't be arsed opening my mouth, I'm getting off in 3 stops", as I presume most of the people did.

Britishness: frustration, apathy and anonymity

Bang on, add to that blaming everything on anyone but yourself and that is the modern Brit!

Also add on some: mild cowardice with a sprinkle of jealousy. The perfect British dessert

PMSL! I AGREE 100%

Swales lives said:
To me Britishness is:
A feeling of frustration - why didn't I tell that teenage girl on the tram to turn down the music her iphone?
she was clearly annoying about 20 people and she knew it. She wanted the confrontation but all us 9-5 types didn't.
I just thought "can't be arsed opening my mouth, I'm getting off in 3 stops", as I presume most of the people did.

That's quite an interesting post, by all accounts.

If I'm with the missus or my kids and all that racket's going on, I'll have a word. None too bothered if I have my own ear plugs in.

Bigga said:
Swales lives said:
To me Britishness is:

That's quite an interesting post, by all accounts.

If I'm with the missus or my kids and all that racket's going on, I'll have a word. None too bothered if I have my own ear plugs in.

Public transport is a powder-keg, think I'll get some headphones too.

PMSL! I AGREE 100%[/quote]

Then you're either wrong or an example of something that isn't just found within British culture...a girly twat.

InvisibleMan said:
PMSL! I AGREE 100%

Then you're either wrong or an example of something that isn't just found within British culture...a girly twat.[/quote]

Yes, I am 'girly', that my friend is a huge insult cos like women are bad arent they?

You prefer men? That's cool mate, it's 2008.

Swales lives said:
To be honest, I only got headphones for my solo journeys(and ones were I didn't want to hear her chuntering on about nothing!), so I'd stop feeling like I'd want to throw one of these noisy kids off the top of the bus.

Someone else's problem, that way. You can get sick of speaking for the whole bus, after a while.

Bigga said:
Swales lives said:
To be honest, I only got headphones for my solo journeys(and ones were I didn't want to hear her chuntering on about nothing!), so I'd stop feeling like I'd want to throw one of these noisy kids off the top of the bus.

Someone else's problem, that way. You can get sick of speaking for the whole bus, after a while.

Difference is though Bigga, you're a grown bloke who by all accounts has been about a bit so can speak up. For a skinny ass cool guy like me it's different, i'd get battered. Sure I know BIG boys but that doesnt help at the time.

TheMightyQuinn said:
InvisibleMan said:
PMSL! I AGREE 100%

Then you're either wrong or an example of something that isn't just found within British culture...a girly twat.

Yes, I am 'girly', that my friend is a huge insult cos like women are bad arent they?

You prefer men? That's cool mate, it's 2008.[/quote]

You're not a women though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.