What is your favourite Sit Com?

Besides the obvious, Fawlty, Royle family, League of G, Rising Damp I really liked a couple of more obscure ones from the 70s.

Barney Miller
The Squirrels

Barney was "chief" in the most laid back, sarcastic group of detectives in NYC. Piss funny once you got to know the characters.
The Squirrels, was an English insurance office where everyone wanted the bosses job.
I refer you to post number 5

Peep Show 100%. Really well put together and awkwardly hilarious. Honourable mention being Brooklyn 99- as far as Americans go it’s slick and good fun.

And yet like Alf Garnett it was actually showing up the white man as the racist and bigot, but it’s twisted to say it’s racist and having a go at the black man but for me when you rewatch it the black neighbour is showing up the stupid white man.
You are correct, most adult folk laughed at Alf Garnet, not with him, but as kids (certainly at my school) we didn't know the difference amd whatever was said on TV was repeated repeatedly on the playground the following days.

Some of these are more comedy shows than sit com.

I loved red dwarf. Its not aged well.

Peep show is exceptional for the quality of the writing.

Everything that Peter kayak was in. Royal family, early doors etc. All great.
I'd argue that red dwarf has aged well.
It's just the more modern series that are a bit shit.
Series 1 to 6 are gold.

You are correct, most adult folk laughed at Alf Garnet, not with him, but as kids (certainly at my school) we didn't know the difference amd whatever was said on TV was repeated repeatedly on the playground the following days.
I remember Matt Lucas saying something similar about Little Britain. 'The only gay in the village' is a commentary on homophobia, but it's also what every kid used to take the piss out of people the next day in school.

The inbetweeners still can crease me up now, and if I see it whilst channel surfing then it's one that usually I'll end up watching again and laughing. Unfortunately I have kids now so I can't be caught watching it.

It would be a toss up between that and Phoenix Nights for me. Or possibly Futurama if we're allowed animated ones.

Also love Father Ted, the IT crowd, Plebs, Fawlty Towers, My Name is Earl, early Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Max and Paddy, Car Share, The League of Gentlemen, South Park, Family Guy.

I'd say also Brassic is on the way to joining that list too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.