What players do you remember and what players do you forget that you remember?

Dave Morley, equalised v Bury in a 1-1, but not sure if heard of before or since.

Rick Holden - deceptively slower than he looked...
Robert Hopkins - nasty sh8te
Carl Bradshaw - swapped for Imre Varidi - who was himself a swap for the aforementioned nasty sh*te Hopkins... and a much better player than either Bradshaw or Hopkins.
Tony Grealish...? the 'new Gerry Gow' at the time lol!
and best of all....
Gerry Creaney. Oh dear.
We were very good at swapping decent players for shite ones. Paul Walsh for Gerry Creaney was as bad as Bradshaw for Imre Varadi. Was it John Bond or Malcolm Alison (Can't remember) that swapped a nice silk tie for Michael Docherty??

Last edited:
There's was another Georgian defender we signed, and he looked mint before he suffered a big injury. Khakabar Tzkdadze or something? Think he was a good 6ft with a near perm and totally dominated. No idea who it was against, but I remember but him and Murtaz Shelia looking the dogs and then getting injured.

I remember watching Kare Ingebrigsten and Alfons Groenendijk and being impressed, yet they never got a game for us usually. Probably my memory playing up and recalling their one and only decent performances for us.

There's was another Georgian defender we signed, and he looked mint before he suffered a big injury. Khakabar Tzkdadze or something? Think he was a good 6ft with a near perm and totally dominated. No idea who it was against, but I remember but him and Murtaz Shelia looking the dogs and then getting injured.

I remember watching Kare Ingebrigsten and Alfons Groenendijk and being impressed, yet they never got a game for us usually. Probably my memory playing up and recalling their one and only decent performances for us.
I waa at Maine Road v Leicester in the FA Cup and Ingebrigsten scored a hat-trick that day I'm sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.