What was the first City match after you were born?

Horrible game by the looks of it, Birmingham away in 1965.

Birmingham City vs Manchester City
Division Two (Old)
Sat 04 December 1965.

Score: L 1-3

Attendance: 10445

A week before i was born (may 74) was the famous , “And Denis has done it” game to send the red bastards down.
(Yeah yeah i know we didn't actually send them down but so what)

next game after my actual birthday was in the Aug of 74 and we beat west ham 4-0. Happy with that

3 days after I was born we played Newcastle in a FA Cup 4th round tie and drew 0-0. It was 25th January 1969 and obviously we won the replay and went on to lift the cup.
Looking at that season it appears we didn't play a single league game between 18th January and the 4th of March which seems a bit odd. Can anyone of an older vintage shed some light on this?
There was a period of bad weather in February that year. City’s 5th round tie at Blackburn was postponed at least twice and finished up being played on a Monday night five days before the 6th round date when City beat Spurs at Maine Road.

There was a period of bad weather in February that year. City’s 5th round tie at Blackburn was postponed at least twice and finished up being played on a Monday night five days before the 6th round date when City beat Spurs at Maine Road.
Thanks for that. I thought it had to be down to the weather but that must have been one hell of a cold snap. No wonder I'm such a cold arse every February!

Huddersfield Town vs Manchester City​

League Cup
Tue 03 September 1968.

Score: D 0-0

Attendance: 23426

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.