What was the terrace fashion on the Kippax in the 1980s?

Flick 'ead Perry wankers the lot of you. Bondage trousers, painted leather jacket, mohair jumper and DMs all the way...

Fashion on the kippax, you're having a laugh, we were a right load of scruffy bar stewards, Skinners (Jeans) , Docs or Monkee boots, Crombies, Baratheas, Harrington jackets, Pringle shirts and jumpers, Fred Perry shirts, Parkers, white socks !

In the early 80's we were wearing adidas trainers with straight leg cords or jeans, sweat shirts or lambswool jumpers. By the mid 80's the look had moved to Nike trainers baggy jeans or cords with paisley shirts. Throughout this time sportswear played a big part. Brands that have already been mentioned plus Marco Polo and Lacoste plus loads of others. The fashions were changing all the time and we had some great shops to choose from in Manchester.

The look was constantly evolving throughout the 80s. From the terrace sportswear classics like Tachinni tracksuits and Trainers at the beginning of the decade, through to the middle of the decade when there would be hundreds of lads near the away fans in the Platt Lane Stand, wearing perms, sloppy roundnexk j umpers with City pin badge and chords. As the decade progressed, things like Manchester Leathers, Bennetton tops and dungarees came and went. By the end of the decade the clothes went baggier and the hair longer and were more influenced by the local rave and music scene.

Got a wardrobe of Lois cords still - well I am in me forties!
Diadora Borg Elites, Australian with the kangaroo logo, roll necks, pony trainers etc.
Trips to Hurley's but as I was in Midlands Went to nick nacks in Soho - all plain bags in case of taxing also Lillywhites of London was a top sports shop with floors of stuff sold out to f*kin Sports Direct !
Those were the days ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.