What would you consider to be a success this season?

You don’t see us genuinely lifting a trophy?

We are in with a chance of winning any of the three we're still competing for, just saying that even if we don't I will be ok with it as we lost some good players in the summer and we won a treble last season so I can't be too critical if the drop off abit.

Win Premier League and Champions League = Glory
Win one of the above = Success
Win none of the above = Failure
If success and failure are binary I would agree , personally I don't think they are, so narrow misses on PL and CL I would not regard as failures or success.
I wouldn't be fully content with an FA cup win and second in PL and CL finalists nor would I regard it as a failure of a season.

Not sure it's a failure if we dont win the PL or CL - we've already won 2 trophies we've never won before this season, we're officially the best team in the world and we've just come off the back of winning 3 PL's on the bounce and the treble - so i'd be slower to label anything this current team does as a failure this season

It would obviously be a shame if we didn't manage to win anything this season, but we've just won a treble and part of that treble was a third consecutive Premier League title. So if we end up having a below par season this year without any silverware then it would be disappointing but ultimately fine. And if anything, it would only make the lads hungrier to put it right in the 24/25 season.

People forget that, between winning that first FA Cup in 1990 and the last title in 2013, Ferguson's United went without a major trophy in 97/98, 01/02, 04/05, and 11/12 (if you discount Community Shields). So far under Pep we've only gone one season without a major trophy, in 16/17 when Pep first came. We're due a second season under him without any trophies to show for it - if it happens to be this year, so be it.
I feel the PL is ours, under Pep we seem to have this ability to produce records, and achievements that are out of the ordinary.

My gut tells me the double - PL-CL. Reality is probably one of the two if the draw of the CL is unfavourable.

We are in with a chance of winning any of the three we're still competing for, just saying that even if we don't I will be ok with it as we lost some good players in the summer and we won a treble last season so I can't be too critical if the drop off abit.
For me really, i feel Foden’s form, if improved is the X factor. As was Gundo-Kev-Bernardo-Sterling in separate seasons when we really needed a spark.

Yes, we lost Gundo, but we gained the Foden we’ve been waiting for, for years. Or at least it seems like it.

For me really, i feel Foden’s form, if improved is the X factor. As was Gundo-Kev-Bernardo-Sterling in separate seasons when we really needed a spark.

Yes, we lost Gundo, but we gained the Foden we’ve been waiting for, for years. Or at least it seems like it.

I hope so, if Kev Foden and Haaland get into the form they are capable of who knows what might happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.