What would you have been willing to pay....

fbloke

Thinking back to the bad old days as a Blue, the yoyo existence, lack of silverware, being crammed into Bootham Crescent with 100,000 other fans, I was wondering what you would then have been willing to pay for what we have now?

As my dad died just before we won the FA Cup I do wish I had had the chance for us to share that moment, and by a factor of many the QPR game, and if I could go back knowing what I know I would gladly spend whatever it took to have that moment together.

Now I know that many of you thankfully haven't suffered that loss but if I could take you back to when things were shit what would you have been willing to pay for the success? And by pay I mean a single payment that was within your ability to pay.

fbloke said:
Thinking back to the bad old days as a Blue, the yoyo existence, lack of silverware, being crammed into Bootham Crescent with 100,000 other fans, I was wondering what you would then have been willing to pay for what we have now?

As my dad died just before we won the FA Cup I do wish I had had the chance for us to share that moment, and by a factor of many the QPR game, and if I could go back knowing what I know I would gladly spend whatever it took to have that moment together.

Now I know that many of you thankfully haven't suffered that loss but if I could take you back to when things were shit what would you have been willing to pay for the success? And by pay I mean a single payment that was within your ability to pay.

morning mate, I don't think you can put a monetary value on it, dreams are un buyable.

my dad died a bit ago, well before qpr game, he did though see us when we last ruled the game. I feel priviledged to have see both.

de niro said:
fbloke said:

morning mate, I don't think you can put a monetary value on it, dreams are un buyable.

my dad died a bit ago, well before qpr game, he did though see us when we last ruled the game. I feel priviledged to have see both.

I agree that dreams are without value. But what once were dreams are now a reality and have come to pass because they were bought and paid for by someone with very deep pockets.

I remember clearly stood on the Kippax, rain dripping off the roof onto my head as we were beaten by Villa and in particular by Gordon Cowans. Right then I would have gladly paid a few hundred quid to get the stability that Villa had.

What would I have paid for a cup win? Every penny I had.

I'm sure I must have said a thousand times I would give anything to see us win something & am glad my young boy doesn't have to go through the same shit I had to endure.............That said, I do miss the days of us being absolute shite sometimes.

mancity5 said:
I'm sure I must have said a thousand times I would give anything to see us win something & am glad my young boy doesn't have to go through the same shit I had to endure.............That said, I do miss the days of us being absolute shite sometimes.

As other posters have stated dreams are priceless. A few years ago I genuinely believed I would die without seeing City win another trophy. I openly wept (with many others) at Wembley when the final whistleeventually blew in the cup final against Stoke.
Back in the 80's & 90's would I have paid £750 quid for a season ticket to watch & witness what we have and where we are now? I would have sold my grannies soul to the devil within the blink of an eye for it!

I know what you mean about missing the days when we really were crap - it was a 'cause' a mission a faith a brotherhood a religion that 30,000 or so of us we exclusive members of - but lets not forget just how fucking depressing it really was at times - and it was!

I just want to hang around long enough on this planet now to witness our total dominance over the rags at the swamp again. I have been lucky enough to have seen it before in the early 70's and I can't tell you just how fucking badly I want to see it again...

de niro said:
fbloke said:

I've seen both, and money can't buy it!

I remember walking my youngest to school a few years ago, he would of been about 8, he asked me then "will we win the league someday Dad", I very much doubt it Son I replied. We'll bugger me only a few years later he's seen the lot, still only 17 and loads more to come, these young lads have never had it so good.

I would have paid anything not to sit through another season with Stuart Pearce in charge. I have spoken to lots of season ticketholder who decided not to renew at the end of that season. The QF defeat at home to West Ham was possibly the most depressed I've been in 40 odd years of watching City!

In about 88, i bought some "A" ordinary voting shares. They were worth 50p each but you had to pay £1. I bought 50. They didnt get you a vote, and the other 50p per share was to go into a fund for the youth set up. Cant remember what my season ticket cost, around the same, so if you are prepared to pay your season ticket price, on top again, for nothing really, except the thought that you are helping our club get closer to contending for honours, you'll get the picture. We all do our bit, and those with more disposable income can do more, ( or the same with less pain ). I class City as my club, along with everyone else who has contributed. Strangely i dont class it as our owner's, even though i am glad and grateful that he has invested. Some say we were one of three he was looking at, whereas i would never put into another clubs coffers apart from the cost of watching City there.

fbloke said:
de niro said:
fbloke said:

I agree that dreams are without value. But what once were dreams are now a reality and have come to pass because they were bought and paid for by someone with very deep pockets.

I remember clearly stood on the Kippax, rain dripping off the roof onto my head as we were beaten by Villa and in particular by Gordon Cowans. Right then I would have gladly paid a few hundred quid to get the stability that Villa had.

What would I have paid for a cup win? Every penny I had.

What a roof on the Kippax ! You JCLs need to get some service in before posting about the "good old days"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.