What's a good salary?

Otamendi's Beard

What does everybody consider to be a good salary in 2018?

I always used to think that if I got to £30k then I'd be doing well. Now that I'm 30 years old I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
I've always said get to £36.5k and then it becomes time over money. Instead of a pay rise I would instead request less hours.

£36.5k in my mind works out as £80 in your hand every day of the year.

Just my 2p worth...

Most people aren’t ever satisfied.

It also depends on what you’re content with in life, for example I fucking love skiing, can’t get enough of it but it’s damn expensive. Have been twice in the past 10 months and it’s nearly finished me off buying a property lol.

If you’re happy with 1 week away to somewhere cheap in the sun and happy with a small house, then £20,000’s is fine.

People typically will spend to their limits, if you earn more you’ll buy a bigger house and better car.

Most people aren’t ever satisfied.

It also depends on what you’re content with in life, for example I fucking love skiing, can’t get enough of it but it’s damn expensive. Have been twice in the past 10 months and it’s nearly finished me off buying a property lol.

If you’re happy with 1 week away to somewhere cheap in the sun and happy with a small house, then £20,000’s is fine.

People typically will spend to their limits, if you earn more you’ll buy a bigger house and better car.

In a nutshell,this.
Until you get tired of the rat race.
I did.

Depends entirely on the output expended.You can pull back a fiver but will never recover that day lost to a hamster wheel.Once you have sold that day it's gone for ever.We all cut our cloth accordingly remaining rich beyond our wildest dreams.It's all just a game.

Depends where you live and who you support. I've fortunately had some decent pay rises/job moves over the last couple of years, but my partner's gone from a well paid job to a PhD stipend so my salary has to stretch further.

It really does depend. We live off my wifes earnings, which by most peoples standards is a bloody good income. But we have a largish house in the country with some land so most of our money goes on mortgage and maintaining that, plus our 3 kids. We can only afford one (GB) holiday a year and drive old cheap cars. I have a single freind who works as a Spa Manager at the local leisure centre. She earns a modest salary but has no kids. She has a tiny house on an estate, but has 3 good holidays a year, a pretty flash car, and seems to eat out or go clubbing 4/5 nights a week and the latest 'Apple' everything. What is a decent income depends on your outgoings, but I would say for most purposes 50k is a 'good' income.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.