What's More Exciting - Winning Every Week In The Championship Or Losing All The Time In The PL?

BlueRon7

For the relegation fodder in the Premier League.

Yes it's the best league in the World bla bla bla, but is losing every weekend really worth it to get yourself on the tele?

I'd much prefer to be cruising the Championship if I was a fan of Boro, Sunderland, Leicester, Crystal Palace etc than losing most weekends in the PL

Or is that just me?

Hmm. Nope. The whole point of winning in the championship is to get back into the Prem.

Hmm. Nope. The whole point of winning in the championship is to get back into the Prem.

I know, but maybe yoyo club is the most exciting.. a year in the prem, then cream the Championship, back in the prem rince and repeat..

I know, but maybe yoyo club is the most exciting.. a year in the prem, then cream the Championship, back in the prem rince and repeat..
Fuck that particular rollercoaster ride, a year of stress about getting promoted in the championship, a couple of months of feeling good about promotion and then a whole year of watching relegation loom and become inevitable before the soul destroying reality of another season playing the likes of fucking millwall and barnsley kicks in.

Winning in any division is more exciting than struggling in another. Hence higher crowds in 1998-2000 than 1994-96 for example.

Just staying mid-table or hoping to scrape top 4 in the PL is soul crushing as it becomes the norm.

One of my favourite ever seasons watching City was Kevin Keegan's promotion season. Far more enjoyable than this season

One of my favourite ever seasons watching City was Kevin Keegan's promotion season. Far more enjoyable than this season

Love KK.

Attack the best form of defence.. those were the days LOL

As a fan of the game it's got to be the yo-yo roller-coaster (which is why I find this MLS shite in the US so pointless)
Exploring different stadiums each season, the uncertainty /risk element is great to watch.

As a business owner, it's awful and they are happy creaming the TV deals in the Prem' and aren't assed about sitting in 10th place every season.
Same shit... Week in, week out.
With very negative football on display as the teams don't want to risk losing "their" place in the the top league as they'll miss out on the TV deal, advertising sponsorship revenue and so on.

Defend! defend, defend, defend!

Imagine boring managers like Allardyce, Pulis, Mourinho managing a team In Brasil (lol)
Their fans would fucking riot.

I'd say that was down to the amount of goals we were scoring more than the division we were in and we've had more enjoyable seasons in the Prem, although none really bore fruit until 2011.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.