What's your fave radio station?

I've been listening to CFNY 102.1 since I moved to Canada in 1978 and it was broadcast out of the college. The only station to play punk back then and Rush wrote the song spirit of radio as a tribute to them because they were the only station that played their songs. It plays some crap now and then but it will never play the likes of bon jovis or Drake.

I've been listening to CFNY 102.1 since I moved to Canada in 1978 and it was broadcast out of the college. The only station to play punk back then and Rush wrote the song spirit of radio as a tribute to them because they were the only station that played their songs. It plays some crap now and then but it will never play the likes of bon jovis or Drake.

I did sometimes listen to Greg Brady online on Sports 590 I think it was called, out of Toronto iirc.
Nice Rush reference btw.

I did sometimes listen to Greg Brady online on Sports 590 I think it was called, out of Toronto iirc.
Nice Rush reference btw.

"During this period, the station began using "The Spirit of Radio" as a promotional catchphrase. In turn, listeners of the station began to refer to CFNY as "The Spirit of Radio". Canadian band Rush was unable to obtain airplay on many radio stations other than CFNY early in their career, and in 1979 wrote the song "The Spirit of Radio" about the station. Unable to mention CFNY directly for fear of alienating airplay on other stations, the band instead ensured the catalogue number for their album Permanent Waves was 1021, a nod to the station's 102.1 FM frequency".

; )

"During this period, the station began using "The Spirit of Radio" as a promotional catchphrase. In turn, listeners of the station began to refer to CFNY as "The Spirit of Radio". Canadian band Rush was unable to obtain airplay on many radio stations other than CFNY early in their career, and in 1979 wrote the song "The Spirit of Radio" about the station. Unable to mention CFNY directly for fear of alienating airplay on other stations, the band instead ensured the catalogue number for their album Permanent Waves was 1021, a nod to the station's 102.1 FM frequency".

; )

Nice one - good to find out new stuff about the band

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.