What's your favourite boozer and why?

The real piss take though is that there is a different price for the bitter in each pub! The Ostrich cheapest, then The Friendship and a piss take in that The Woodthorpe has town prices.
I’m fairly sure that’s been the case since I started drinking in them in the mid-80s. Likewise, the Red Lion (decorated fairly plushly) was always a few pence more than The Foresters (‘decorated’ like a prison ward).

yep not far from Parsonage Gardens, Mulligans is off Bridge street, not sure on any name change, I've known it as Mulligans for years.
I’m pretty sure it‘s the same pub that was The Wagon and Horses in the days when the pubs shut in the afternoons and opened again at half five.

We used to be knocking on the door after work if it was a minute past half five and they hadn’t opened up.

Happy days

Still going

Not been there for ages. Usually buy some records in St Giles then bugger off home. Especially since The Ale House has shut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.