When De Jong is injured...

GerBlueBear

How about playing Kompany in his role?

Watching him yesterday keep Rooney in his pocket all game (despite the goal) I got to thinking what kind of damage he could could cause if he was sat a little higher up the pitch. Okay yesterday wouldn't have been the best game to start Kolo and Lescott together but maybe in the future when De Jong's out, Kompany is the next best player we have that can fill his role.

Thoughts? Or is he just too damn important to us at CB? After all, he was brought in as a defensive midfielder, he may relish the oppertunity to take on that role again.

Move Kompany out of the back 4 and we will crumble, no question.

Move Yaya there, Silva central attacking and Dzeko up top with Tevez or SWP out right in a 4-5-1

GerBlueBear said:
How about playing Kompany in his role?

Watching him yesterday keep Rooney in his pocket all game (despite the goal) I got to thinking what kind of damage he could could cause if he was sat a little higher up the pitch. Okay yesterday wouldn't have been the best game to start Kolo and Lescott together but maybe in the future when De Jong's out, Kompany is the next best player we have that can fill his role.

Thoughts? Or is he just too damn important to us at CB? After all, he was brought in as a defensive midfielder, he may relish the oppertunity to take on that role again.

Is that you Sparky?

I like the idea except i have no confidence in the alternatives,and given Mancini persists with the packed midfield,i believe he thinks the same.

Zabaleta in midfield would not work as he'd be banned as often as he plays.

Kompany has demonstrated that his best position by a mile is centre back. He looked okay when he was in defensive midfield but a bit too slow on the ball to be really good there.

He is a centre half who can do a job at defensive midfield but no more than that.

So leave him where he is.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Probably get slated for this but I dont think we missed De Jong yesterday.

He provides a mentality and energy which is infectious,as opposed to the present alternatives,he'd be in my starting 11 every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.