When / why did you become a City fan?

2001-02, King Keegan, three at the back, more playmakers than defenders, Ali B, Goat being the real GOAT, Sweep as wing back (did that really happen or I dreamt it?), the original 100 goals..

Mind, couldn't see a lot live because of reasons. But even the text match reviews were more exciting than actual games of other clubs, all 6-2s and 4-3 scores, even with ten men.

It was special and Nobody went for the glory, it was just the crack and love of being a Manchester city fan
not easy back then on the hillock estate jumping the bus or train from Whitefield into town then walking from town to moss side and that was for a Saturday game never mind a dark and wet midweek game hahaha

we had our little gang and went home and away and BIG sid driving in that ford fiesta mark 2 XRS2 we looked the bollocks,

thanks lee, great words means the world, and we have to do a special game again and try and get the old gang to a game, maybe Trevor Sinclair could sort on box out for us hahahaha
God yeah sid in his little fiesta, white wasn't it with the go fast stripes ha ha.

It's just great memories Ste, every match was a laugh and we did some mileage from town to Maine Road and back not arf.

One game that always sticks with me is midweek v West Brom. I mithered my mum all week to let me go and she finally gave in, in fact I think that was my first ever night match.

I seen Kev Gal a few weeks ago on the estate, he'd been to see his mum and I'd just been to see mine, he's looking well.

Be good for the original gang to go to a match together, that would be really top all being there together decades on. Don't know about Trev giving us a box, he's out of his at the minute it seems lol.

I asked my dad in in our garden who I supported. He said City because United fans were scum. (Well he said hooligans or similar but he meant scum).

Turned out okay in the end. Wish he could have seen just how good it is now!

God yeah sid in his little fiesta, white wasn't it with the go fast stripes ha ha.

It's just great memories Ste, every match was a laugh and we did some mileage from town to Maine Road and back not arf.

One game that always sticks with me is midweek v West Brom. I mithered my mum all week to let me go and she finally gave in, in fact I think that was my first ever night match.

I seen Kev Gal a few weeks ago on the estate, he'd been to see his mum and I'd just been to see mine, he's looking well.

Be good for the original gang to go to a match together, that would be really top all being there together decades on. Don't know about Trev giving us a box, he's out of his at the minute it seems lol.

Kev Gal i heard is now a rag fan hahahahaha

night games were a nightmare with getting back into town for the last bus, funny it was quicker walking back into town because the roads were chocker and traffic never moved for about an hour hahaha

1992 my brother went to the UK and came back with a United kit for him and a City kit for me. Blue ever since.

I know a lot will be decades before me,
a lot will be a few years after me,
but we all love City
and we had to start somewhere.

For me I was on holiday in July 2011 (shortly before the start of the season) and I saw this on PL's greatest goals..

My jaw was on the floor. I'd never seen someone make the defense utterly stupid with magic in his boots. El Mago indeed!

So where did your love affair with City start?

Wow 2011, so you didn't go through the shit times, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Wow 2011, so you didn't go through the shit times, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Ah but they weren’t really shit times mate. Quite the opposite, the worse it got on the pitch the better we fans got. You’ll know what I mean when I say that, like anyone there at the time. We could have just finished 10th every season and had a cup run to the quarters every so often - now that would have been shit times - boring mediocrity? Nah you’re alreet lad - and yes I did dream of that sometimes ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.