When would derby be moved to.

aguero93:20 said:
BlairMCFC said:
as much as it would be good to be towards the end of the season, i can't see them moving a game from the 1st of March to towards the end of April.
Didn't they move a Rags v Chavs match right to the end of the season before from the second FA cup weekend as they thought it could be a title decider, then it backfired as the scum had already won it and both of them put out reserve teams and barely looked interested? seem to remember jose having a right fucking whinge about it so it would have been in his first spell at chelski.

I don't know i can't remember but that's one a hell of a memory you've got haha.

Maybe they will.

BlairMCFC said:
aguero93:20 said:
BlairMCFC said:
as much as it would be good to be towards the end of the season, i can't see them moving a game from the 1st of March to towards the end of April.
Didn't they move a Rags v Chavs match right to the end of the season before from the second FA cup weekend as they thought it could be a title decider, then it backfired as the scum had already won it and both of them put out reserve teams and barely looked interested? seem to remember jose having a right fucking whinge about it so it would have been in his first spell at chelski.

I don't know i can't remember but that's one a hell of a memory you've got haha.

Maybe they will.
Ah I remember Jose whinging more than anything else tbh.

Now wouldn't that make great viewing. It would also make all the rags fans absolutely furious if that happened especially if they didn't stand a chance of European football for season 2014/15. This would hamper their chances of retaining their number 1pot in the champions league group stages. I would just love it as KK once said.

I can hear it now... 'bring on the Champions'.

Forget winning it there, they would take it to another level to ensure we dropped points.

I think it could be that week after we 'also win the FA Cup final', like the West Brom and Stoke's games that have been moved last two seasons.

Let's arrive as Double winners and the players can relax and put on a clinic.

" Worst F****** Champions we've ever seen" I seem to remember them singing to us outside before the match. It would be very sweet to go there towards the end again.

It could all turn to rat shit knowing what we're like but its fantastic being a 'bitter obsessed' City fan at the moment.

Loving every minute of it.

Ballymagash Blue said:
The Wednesday after is nailed on.

No it's not - that's an international date so it won't be on that week. The earliest it could be (taking in our CL dates and United CL dates in the last sixteen) is Tues/Wed 15th/16th April. There is a couple of midweeks free at the start of April, but these are Champions League quarter-final dates. Even if ourselves and/or the rags don't make it that far, I think there is some rule that there can't be top flight games on TV as the same time as Champions League games taking place. With Sky/BT wanting to show the derby, that means the 15th/16th April is the earliest possible date that the game could be played.

That would mean the derby taking place between our games away to Liverpool and home to WBA. However, the Liverpool game would be postponed if either us or Liverpool reached the FA Cup semi-final. That would mean Liverpool game would probably move to the midweek before the second last home game of the season (to allow it to still be shown on TV).

On another note, our home game with Aston Villa will be postponed if we (or Villa) reaches the 6th round of the FA Cup. When it could be played is anyones guess (probably in early midweek in April if Barcelona beat us and it's not a TV game).

What is certain though - if we stay in the FA Cup and Champions League we are going to run into fixture congestion very soon. Remember what happened Chelsea last season when they ended up playing on a Saturday - Monday - Thursday - Sunday after their draw with the rags in the quarter-finals of the Cup. We could be looking at a week like that somewhere along the line before the end of the season. If we stay in the FA Cup to say the semi-final stage, we need to get there without needing a replay (especially in 5th or 6th round).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.