Where do we start

I'm 65 and lived through many Tory government and every single one get's called the worst ever. What about Tony Blair, Labours one shining light in that period, he get's called Tory Blair. Look at Starmer, not even elected yet, and there's already a large proportion of non Tory voters pulling him apart. For some reason hating has become a national pastime. I love watching those Netflix historic docu dramas and it's amazing how many times motivated smaller armies beat bigger ramshackle armies. The key really is togetherness. We all need each other.
Agree that there is too much hate, but this government is responsible for much of that with Brexit and then gaslighting us that it was all ok and that it is small boats to blame.

Sorry if it sounded like I was having a go at you but I do think that the "They are all the same" argument is a very dangerous one that lets people off their bad behaviour "because they are all the same" and I keep seeing it used to justify supporting the current government behaviour.

It is odd, because it is only really applied to politics, and the majority of people saying it would think you were mad if you used it in a different context, for example...

Someone has sexually assaulted my daughter

oh well men are all the same, so don't expect any better and don't complain

Every terrible decision by this country - every terrible betrayal of its people - has had popular support at the time it happened.

I'd just ask people to reflect on their part in that.

Abolish Ofsted and SATs. Finland has neither and their education service works fine.

Take all the regulatory quangos, e.g. OFWAT out of London and make them have their offices in places like Accrington where it is much cheaper. Revise their terms of reference so that they are there to protect the customer and stop (for example) shit being dumped in our rivers.

Do the same with the entire Civil Service apart from a minimum number required to directly service the Government.

(Longer term). Stop the ridiculously costly refurbishment of Parliament. Build a new, modern Parliament at a fraction of the cost somewhere like Scunthorpe where land and labour are cheap. Demolish most of the existing building, just keep the genuinely old bits like Westminister Hall, not the Victorian tat. Use the land to build flats for working-class Londoners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.