Where is the future of English football?

Kippax.

FOREVER REMEMBERED, NEVER FORGOTTEN. Sue Clark xxx
Lets go back 7 years or so ago, you could arguably say that we have abundance of English players coming threw the ranks of not only City but all the premiership teams. Like Joe Cole, Frank Lampard, Ja Ja Binks all from West Ham, you had Wayne Rooney from Everton, a young Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard from Liverpool and so on. Where is the new Future talent from ages 17-20 that not only the clubs but the nation are getting excited about?, is there many?.

The reason I am saying this is because thinking about who we are signing this January. What positions are most important for City at the moment? I personally would say the defence has a few issues and need to be strengthened as a priority. But if you study the league who stands out as a future England International like Terry, Ja ja Binks and maybe Woodgate, we seemed to have dried up on typical English style defenders. I am one for trying to sign the best around the world but maybe we should look closer to home, but saying that I don’t think there is many. Now it looks like we may have Buffon according to the papers (observer) today but I would IMO like to see a wealth of English/British grit in the side aka a Terry that sort of leader who roles there sleeve’s up when the going gets tough. There is no doubt that the reason Martin O’Neill is doing a great job at Aston Villa is because he’s found some gems of players from the English league who’s hungry enough and want to flourish in the premiership.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.