Where was your first drink?

My Mam and Step Dad ran pubs in Salford for years so mine would have been the King William 1V just off Trafford Rd very early 70s so I would be about 13, might have been a pint of Watneys red barrel as it was easy for me to pour
It can't possibly have been Watneys Red Barrel, one gobfull of that swill would put you off ale for life.

It can't possibly have been Watneys Red Barrel, one gobfull of that swill would put you off ale for life.
Lol, I actually quite liked it, also liked bottles of Double Diamond, used to nick a bottle off the shelves every Morning and take it to school

A pint of Strongbow in The Newmarket pub before a Hereford United home match. I was 16 and had a fake ID. It was a students union card a mate knocked out on his computer. We had a network of pubs we could get served in and used them regularly so they got to know our faces.

I last got asked for ID when I was 32. The lad apologised afterwards.

I stole a bottle of woodpecker on a barge in Worsley when I was about 9. (I think it was Worsley anyway. It was reddy brown water. The canal, not the woodpecker)

The B.R.S.A club under Victoria train station in town. My grandad was a British Rail train driver and my old man used to go in there with him. When my parents split up and my dad was back living with him he used to go there too, and I had my first ale in there. Think my old man was slamming a barmaid in there at the time. Just googled it now out of interest, it closed in 1992. Being of an age now, I would have liked to go for a pint there regularly i think. Underground, something almost secret about it, filled with character.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.