Where were you 08/08/1998

Was in the main stand that day and what a turn out!! Who would have thought on that day we would be where we are now. You would have been committed for even thinking such a thing! Who ever thought this would happen to little old city :)

After being a season ticket holder in the 70s and 80s going home and most away, I took most of the 90s off going only to occasional games whilst the kids were small and I had little spare cash. This was the game I came back to because I believed this was when the club would need us most. Was very proud of the fans that day and we were the first item on all the sports news bulletins.

North stand, a hugely important fixture in our history in my opinion. An act of defiance, loyalty and showing everyone else we were still a big club.
What adramatic season that turned out to be, only 2012 beat it for sheer last minute emotion.

Top deck of the kippax, it had been a while since I'd been to a game since my family had moved 'back' to Yorkshire. Enjoyed the game but had to go on me own and was a bit of Billy no mates, at least I was till I walked in the whitworth. We were a proper family back then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.