Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

Still really gutted. Not as knee jerk as some by any stretch, but it probably does signal the end of the road for one or two and reinforces the need for an orthodox left back (finally) and a Fern replacement, as well as the obvious, which is personnel who can convert chances.

Yes we scored 5 goals over the 2 legs but we should’ve been out of sight in the first leg.

Pretty low. I was more shocked than anything.

I'd rank the exits to spurs, Lyon, Monaco and Liverpool as being much worse

I don't know why but after seeing last year's final line-up I've been very serene about the champions league. Maybe bottling 'the biggest game in football' before a ball was kicked has removed a lot of the tension around it, letting me just enjoy the games for what they are

This is still raw now. It hurts big time. I think it’s because I had everything planned to go as well as I missed last seasons final. It doesn’t help I live amongst Liverpool fans, they really are unbearable .

Spurs 81.

4-3 against United.

3-2 against United.

Spurs Sterling goal disallowed.

United League Cup semi-final under Mancini.

Arsenal 1-0.

Losing at home to Bolton to last min pen after hitting post five times.

Middlesbrough final day Fowler penalty miss.

Liverpool 2-2 relegation.

Spurs FA Cup QF home defeat pitch invasion.

Wigan in two FA Cup games.

The 3-2 vs united in 2018 was just before I lost my Dad. It was my birthday as well. I wanted so much for him to see city win the league before he passed. We went 2-0 up and I burst into tears. An hour later I absolutely hated them, I was numb.

As it turned out we won it a week later as I sat in the hospital watching with him. And I’ll always remember the smile on his face. Funny how things turn out sometimes

I’m still not over Dean Ashton knocking us out of the FA Cup with his one and only masterclass performance. Stupidly, I actually believed it was going to be our year. Home to West Ham to get to a Villa Park semi final which would have been against Middlesbrough, with Stuart Pearce. It was in the bag, surely.

The 3-2 vs united in 2018 was just before I lost my Dad. It was my birthday as well. I wanted so much for him to see city win the league before he passed. We went 2-0 up and I burst into tears. An hour later I absolutely hated them, I was numb.

As it turned out we won it a week later as I sat in the hospital watching with him. And I’ll always remember the smile on his face. Funny how things turn out sometimes

It was actually the 3-2 in November 1993 I was referencing and had completely forgot about the other one.

Glad your dad had the last laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.