Which secondary school did you attend?

sale moor in the 70s;when they had a good football team-beat alty grammar in the final of trafford cup;thanks to nige stone rip big city fan from sale.

sweynforkbeard said:
tyqmvko said:
Jeff Joseph / Sale High (04-09)

School changed its name whilst I was there.

Mate, was Dave Walmsley the head there?

-- Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:41 am --

lloydie said:
SGS 71-76, full of twats, I was one of them, till they asked me to leave.
Unfortunately, following a disastrous school visit to La Bourboule in the Massif Centrale, the exchange programme was abandoned in favour of forced placements at the renowned Finishing school de Gimp with its' split campuses in Antwerp and Rotterdam.

I was SGS 67-74. I have a suspicious feeling that you may have been among the Sixth Form librarians who once humiliated us younger football players on the pitch circa 1973 but worth it for the copies of Playboy that clandestinely circulated in the backroom of said library. If you survived Antwerp you did well, I have twice been exhumed and only exist today within the mobile oxygen tank.

The dates suggest you were my senior by 3/4yrs though the unorthodox treatment of impressionable minds is no doubt responsible for this "schoolboy error".

Dave Walmsley was an English, History and Rugby master during this period and was indeed present on that ill starred trip to La Bourboule, whence he reputedly returned considerably impoverished by his attendance at illicit card games. He later moved to Knocker Rd.

I never made it to the 6th, as I was kicked out before my exams for, amongst other transgressions, telling Coddy Thomas to "Go f*ck himself", I shall always be grateful to that school for my love of the English language and an apt and pithy response to authoritarian bullshit.

Your continued survival is a credit and testament to your powers of perseverence and ingenuity. I salute you, Sir, as a fellow survivor and would like to put first dibs on that tank when you've finished with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.