Who can't afford to go anymore?

joe salford said:
Alwaysbeablue said:
This is why we need to massively expand the stadium so the prices can stay relatively modest and folk like this can afford to go. Big capacity n lower prices is the way to go.
Often thought about this. How about an OAP section when / if we expand where the club / fans subsidise the older generation of blues who cannot afford to go anymore. I would be willing to pay a little more for my season ticket for this. We look after kids which is understandable and we look after the well off with corporate, even as the regular fan we dont do bad in comparison to other clubs but what do we do for the elderly.
I cannot imagine that in years to come i might not be able to watch the blues due to cost / old age. It would break my heart. The old folk of this country are treated like shite as it is, being deprived of watching City would be the final nail for me. These elder fans deserve to experience this great time more than than most.
Reading the 1968 championship post, i wonder how many of the fans who were at St James' that day have to be content with MOTD nowadays? sad to think.

Am i just a soft arse?

Well said Joe and you are no soft arse!! We should look after the old uns as they are part of who we are and should not be pushed out of the club. We have to look after them as we are all going to be one of them one day!

6bob in the Kippax, petrol was 4 gallon for a quid, fags 2bob for 20 Embassy beer was less than 2bob a pint, even allowing for inflation it was cheaper in the 60s

bellbuzzer said:
6bob in the Kippax, petrol was 4 gallon for a quid, fags 2bob for 20 Embassy beer was less than 2bob a pint, even allowing for inflation it was cheaper in the 60s
Those that you mention are more expensive due to tax, not inflation. Good go though.

As said £11 per game for the cheapest pensioner prices is more than fair.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:11 pm --<br /><br />
Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
Sorry but at £11.32 per premier league game for a person of pensionable age it is society and not our club that needs a major overhaul if people cannot afford that luxury. Unfortunately I firmly believe this to be the case, City would virtually have to give pensioners free tickets if they were to cut back any further.
True that.

bellbuzzer said:

You are right 6 bob in todays money is 5.50 nearly a 3rd the price today!!

Alwaysbeablue said:
bellbuzzer said:

You are right 6 bob in todays money is 5.50 quid nearly a 3rd the price today!!
Half

SWP's back said:
Alwaysbeablue said:
bellbuzzer said:

You are right 6 bob in todays money is 5.50 quid nearly a 3rd the price today!!
Half

ok still bloody big difference though!!

SWP's back said:
Alwaysbeablue said:
SWP's back said:

Not really when you compoare the difference in the quality of the "experience" is it.

If you cant afford to go there is no 'experience' - and watching that joker Alan Shearer on MOTD is no compensation - will never forgive him for his stupid comment about Balo!

Alwaysbeablue said:
SWP's back said:
Alwaysbeablue said:
Not really when you compoare the difference in the quality of the "experience" is it.

If you cant afford to go there is no 'experience' - and watching that joker Alan Shearer on MOTD is no compensation - will never forgive him for his stupid comment about Balo!
You can watch every game for free online or in the pub which you couldnt do it the 60's (not that we ever sold out back then either).

Either way, £11 is fuck all for watching the Champions in a modern, quality stadium. It's cheaper than watching Morecambe ffs.

SWP's back said:
Alwaysbeablue said:
SWP's back said:

You're on dodgy ground with that 'experience' bit. It's pretty relevant to the person who is having the experience. It probably is better if you have the disposable income to enjoy some of the stuff outside the ground. Different people have different opinions on the atmosphere 'experience' of the Etihad and Maine Road. Very subjective area.

Anyway, as someone said already £11.32 isn't that bad though. And if a pensioner can't afford it then they should get off their arse and get a job........!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.