Who do you know on Bluemoon?

I've seen Eccles and Twosips, and mr james on't tele that's about it. An old adage warns against meeting your heroes, for me Damo not being Doc from bk-to-the-future, or PB looking nothing like Paxo, Karen being a shy wallflower or Ric not resembling an English Bill Gates, very daunting. Sleeping dogs lie 'nall that...

I must work out how many I know on here one day. There’s at least 2 I knew from grammar school days, including the OP. There might even be someone I was at infant school with but I’m not sure. I met Ric, Blue2112 and possibly Bill at a Fan Forum back in 2007 and I think they were the first ones I knowingly met face-to-face. Having been on quite a few meet ups I’ve met loads that way.

I remember having a real set-to with SWP’s Back one Friday night on here before I knew him. Strange really as he’s not really the argumentative sort. We were playing at Blackburn the next day and I got the train there with Mackenzie & Aphex. In the bar at Victoria we were having drinks and they introduced me to the aforementioned SWP’s Back and we’ve been friends since then. By a 1-in-40,000+ chance I sit right next to Matty and it was only when he posted something on here about the girl who sits on the other side of him that I realised.

I met loads down in London when I lived and worked there including Bimbo Bob & tueartsboots among others. Obviously being a mod brought me into contact with loads of others plus there’s quite a few people I’ve been in contact with via DM’s but never actually met.

There are some damn fine people on here and if anyone is nervous about coming along to the meet-ups then don’t be.

I must work out how many I know on here one day. There’s at least 2 I knew from grammar school days, including the OP. There might even be someone I was at infant school with but I’m not sure. I met Ric, Blue2112 and possibly Bill at a Fan Forum back in 2007 and I think they were the first ones I knowingly met face-to-face. Having been on quite a few meet ups I’ve met loads that way.

I remember having a real set-to with SWP’s Back one Friday night on here before I knew him. Strange really as he’s not really the argumentative sort. We were playing at Blackburn the next day and I got the train there with Mackenzie & Aphex. In the bar at Victoria we were having drinks and they introduced me to the aforementioned SWP’s Back and we’ve been friends since then. By a 1-in-40,000+ chance I sit right next to Matty and it was only when he posted something on here about the girl who sits on the other side of him that I realised.

I met loads down in London when I lived and worked there including Bimbo Bob & tueartsboots among others. Obviously being a mod brought me into contact with loads of others plus there’s quite a few people I’ve been in contact with via DM’s but never actually met.

There are some damn fine people on here and if anyone is nervous about coming along to the meet-ups then don’t be.
We've met and the first thing that went through my mind was that you're a lot taller than I'd thought you were.
Joking aside, I found you friendly and engaging. Exactly the same as others I've met from here, really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.