Who do you want to take a penalty

He seems preoccupied with other stuff at the moment. But I always wonder when I see his name, will he look back one day with regret that he never really tested himself to be the best player he possibly could?

Or will he just be happy that he was good enough to play stress free football for a living for his local( ish ) club, all his career?

Seems to have been happy enough with spending his career at Southampton. He felt his international career was a disappointment though. Listened to a few podcasts he's been on and he's the sort of bloke who does absolutely nothing he doesn't agree with or think is necessary. I get the impression he'd have ripped his contract up and walked out if a big club had bought him and tried telling him to track back or put him on a fitness programme.

Mark Ward, was took off penalties because they kept going in off the post. Alan Harper then put one over the bar against Leeds at home before we got a second penalty in the same which Ward took, and he duly put it in off the post.

This may have become one of those memories that have become slightly embellished with the passing of time and the decline in memory but I'm sure I remember him skewing one so wide it narrowly missed the corner flag against Burnley (it might have been in the 7-0 but then again might not have even happened). Anyway, Yaya, Mario and Elano are probably the only guys I've ever not been concerned about when it comes to penalties!
Anelka was brilliant at penalties too.

Mark Ward, was took off penalties because they kept going in off the post. Alan Harper then put one over the bar against Leeds at home before we got a second penalty in the same which Ward took, and he duly put it in off the post.

And round about the same time, Peter Reid put one against the post at Leeds and the thick twat sticks it in the net on the rebound.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.