Who else is Wembleyed out?

Not in a million years. Theyll come a time when Pep goes, and the Haaland circus leaves town when we drop off - football is a cyclical business despite the cartel efforts - and we will look back on this era as the days of our lives as City fans. Im riding the wave as long as we can and aside from Charity Shields, will be at every Wembley game possible until Im dead and headed for a dirt nap.

Not in a million years. Theyll come a time when Pep goes, and the Haaland circus leaves town when we drop off - football is a cyclical business despite the cartel efforts - and we will look back on this era as the days of our lives as City fans. Im riding the wave as long as we can and aside from Charity Shields, will be at every Wembley game possible until Im dead and headed for a dirt nap.

Sniff, sniff, oh okay it could happen.

I am / not doing the semi nor the final if we get there. I just really don’t enjoy the day. Think I will enjoy it more on the telly. Anyone else feel the same?
To an extent, I'd go to the final, but I'm 50/50 on the semi.

The FA have ruined the novelty, it's never too late to change and move it semis and the Community Shield away from Wembley, would completely reinvigorate both fixtures, but they like everyone else running the game are too greedy to even consider it.

I don't believe I'm better qualified than you in terms of points, mate. I just don't believe it.
Last year, I wasn't qualified for the first few wodges of tickets, but they kept releasing them in dribs and drabs (presumably because of returns from the associations), right up to quite close to the actual match. About a week or two before, I idly put the OS on to see if any tickets were available — telling myself sternly in advance that I wasn't buying one, it was just to take a peep, as it were — and stone me, there were single seats here and there up in the gods! I must have sat and stared at that screen for about twenty minutes, with my finger hovering over Buy. I certainly couldn't afford it, and it was stupid. But then I said to myself, “Wake up, mate — this is the rags! These are the people who had their foot on our neck for twenty years. These are the hated, arrogant enemy. For decades and decades. Time for payback, on one of the world's biggest stages. You cannot not go.” So I hit Buy (it was about £110 I think, and up there you feel as if you're in outer space). It set me back financially, and I was in the red for quite a while. But I didn't regret having been there. At that point, I thought it was a once in a lifetime thing. Ironically, it may well happen again…
If we get through to the final again, and it's the rags again, it's problematic, for sure. If it's Coventry — for sure not. I won't be going. Again, it's not the right time of the year, financially.
Wembley for semi-finals is a luxury, it seems to me. I went to the Arsenal one (and felt sick at the end, another match we should have bloody well won). Equally, Community Shield. But not going to see City in a final, that hurts. I was at the League Cup final in ’74, and the F.A. Cup final in ’81 (too young for ’69), so I hadn't actually seen City win a final until the League Cup one against the Arse in 2018. That was therefore a big day for me.
On the other hand, even had I been qualified, I was not vaguely tempted either by Porto or Istanbul. What with the Covid tests, Porto was one hell of a business. And Istanbul is the other side of Europe. Just out of the question, financially. If we got to the final of the CL this year, though, and I could somehow get a ticket…

I'll never be maxed out as far as City at Wembley in a final is concerned. Never. Like Moses and the tribes of Israel, we wandered in the desert. Not for forty years, but for many. These are astonishing times. They will not last for ever.
You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. Of course. The issue I have is that if you leave booking a flight until short notice, you potentially end up paying a lot more than if you book 3 or 4 weeks before the dates you want.

Not going to the semi final, work commitments, was hoping we'd be on the Sunday, I could of gone then, still got both Wembley finals to look forward to this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.