Who else is Wembleyed out?

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion. Of course. The issue I have is that if you leave booking a flight until short notice, you potentially end up paying a lot more than if you book 3 or 4 weeks before the dates you want.

And I entirely understand the financial problem. I have the same, identical problem. Easyjet fares, to limit myself to them, go up steeply the closer you get. Something that gets on my wick is the way matches get moved around the satellite tv companies. If I could, I'd buy my plane tickets months in advance. But I can't.

And I entirely understand the financial problem. I have the same, identical problem. Easyjet fares, to limit myself to them, go up steeply the closer you get. Something that gets on my wick is the way matches get moved around the satellite tv companies. If I could, I'd buy my plane tickets months in advance. But I can't.
Same. Plus, even for normal PL games, I have to arrange accommodation. Which is subject to the same issues. Short notice = higher prices. It's akin to a military operation, working out what games are "attend-able", working out if it's a cup weekend, waiting for the TV companies to confirm dates etc etc. As I said before, I can't justify the outlay for a single game any more. I'm hoping that if we get to the CL final, that Ric will have arranged the same hospitality package for the mods that he did last year. Free flights, accommodation and match ticket in the posh seats.

I'm not doing F.A. Cup this year. After last years 2 games I was knackered.
I'm 66 now had a bypass 2 years ago.
It's a long long day.

Hopefully I'll be able to do the CL then it'll be time to have a rethink.

I am / not doing the semi nor the final if we get there. I just really don’t enjoy the day. Think I will enjoy it more on the telly. Anyone else feel the same?
If you enjoy it on the telly other than being there you can't be a proper football fan

I'm not Wembleyed out, I'm moneyed out. If I give the semi-final a swerve, it covers the cost of my season ticket increase. I think most people are having to make hard choices and that's mine.

Exactly. That's why I think a semi-final at Wembley is a luxury. Furthermore, I'll never change on this point — it's an abomination that suits all the Londoners. Chelsea fans have to make a short trip on the tube, and they sure as hell don't need to think about staying in a hotel. Suppose, now, that the semi-final were at Villa Park. Or Anfield, even. How many Chelsea fans do you think would trek up to the north-west? Especially if the k.o. time (to suit the telly) made it impossible for them to get back in the evening?

I'm not Wembleyed out, I'm moneyed out. If I give the semi-final a swerve, it covers the cost of my season ticket increase. I think most people are having to make hard choices and that's mine.
Exactly the same as me. I'm in all three cup schemes and with Real Madrid coming out of the bank next week, something had to give. At a push I could have afforded it, but the day out would have cost £100-150. I'll be honest - I'm a bit Wembleyed out. I've been more than 20 times and decided after the Treble to start to look at semi-finals on a case-by-case basis. I haven't done Community Shields since Villa Park in 2012. If we get to both finals though, I shall be there. It's not success of which I am weary, but that stadium and everything around it. No amount of people telling me that I should never get tired of visiting Wembley will make me feel differently. Kudos to all those who do make the trip to support the boys, your support is superb and your own decision about going isn't for others to criticise.

Fully understand things are different for everyone.

Personally I live in south London so Wembley is a cheaper day than the etihad. Problem I usually have is tickets. I book 6 home games every July. A month apart then stay at my mums for those games. Try and sneak a midweek game past the missus in the form of champions league. It’s not cheap and it’s not straightforward. I go to every Wembley game I can. Fingers crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.