Who else is Wembleyed out?

Just a completely neutral question. Not getting at you. Did you enjoy the old Wembley more?
I did but thats just a nod to my youth, the old Wembley ended up being a shithole but i still got off on the history of the place.
The new Wembley is just a huge bowl, no character at all, its a very beige stadium.
In saying that, i hope we keep getting to play there regularly ha

Bar the additional cost at this time of the season, and the faffing about with traveling, delays, etc, it’s the match day experience at Wembley. If people think the match day experience is bad at the Etihad, it’s even worse at Wembley.

OK, my points maybe petty, especially as it’s about watching City at Wembley, but I really detest Wembley, and how fans are managed inside the the stadium.(by the FA) Escalator stewards, stewards walking around the concourses in large groups, why?, the service, the beer quality, the prices, announcements to tell you to get to your seat for kick off, like an announcement you get in an airport for your flight, getting to your seat and finding a little plastic flag placed there for you to be wave, pre-match entertainment, high wire acts, things going on the pitch which I’ve got absolutely no interest in, digital displays of clapping hands on the scoreboards, really annoying music like rocking all over the world being blasted out of the speakers, the national anthem sang by an opera singer drowning the fans out, and just the plasticness of the whole time inside Wembley.

Then you get to the trophy presentation that takes ages, and Instead of letting the fans celebrate vocally with the players, fucking shite music like we are the champions, etc, is pumped out that loud you can’t hear the fans singing. In the end every body gives up singing and just stands there talking and looking at the players on the pitch with the trophy before drifting away for a 3 to 4 hour journey home.

Last edited:
Its cool to say that you are Wembleyed out or enjoyed the Stuart Pearce days more lads, even cooler if you pretend not to enjoy any games at all.

If anyone else wants to be as cool as me, from now on I'm not gonna bother taking my seat to watch the game, just gonna stand in the concourse all game instead, obviously just stopping going and not saying owt would be the normal thing to do, but I wouldn't get attention then.

Won't be watching them on TV either as thats also cool.

Might look up the results on Ceefax though

No I'm not but I have to pick what games I go to now, following city is not cheap as it use to be, peps fault winning all them trophies.

No I'm not but I have to pick what games I go to now, following city is not cheap as it use to be, peps fault winning all them trophies.
Can't afford it and being (to use the term) Wembley out are separate reasons I would say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.