Who is the Best All-Around Player England Has Ever Produced?

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
All-around, meaning a player that could fill many different roles at a high level (rather than just one, like best defender, midfielder, forward).

A player with the most comprehensive set of skills and natural ability, making them highly adaptable.

My entry:

Last edited:
iu

Excluding very few, I am no fan of English players (mostly limited and overhyped by English media), but this is the one for me. I liked him back then when I was very young and just starting to watch and try to understand football, and I still like him. He was the only English player selected among the team of the 20th century, and that was a heck of a team: Yashin, Carlos Alberto, Beckenbauer, Bobby Moore, Santos, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Platini, Garrincha, Maradona, and Pele.

IMG_0363.jpeg

And that...in a Nutshell,is why I immediately said Colin Bell.
A footballer I've never seen play the game live.
I've talked to a lot of older football fans,of City and other teams up and down the land. I've watched a lot of footage ,YT etc..Bell is the best all round player ever produced by England
I see Bobby Moore mentioned.i understand he was a Qualty centre back...
But what happened..when Bobby was asked to play,outside his comfort zone....ie..pick up Colin Bell,stay with him,man mark him,follow him everywhere he goes....."
Look at the footage from The Boleyn ground December 1970 WHUv City
And just look how Bell torments Moore..has him running in treacle
Dodges him,does a KDB no look pass,

This was Bell,playing on the home turf of England world cup winners
Geoff Hurst,Martin Peters and Bobby Moore....

Bell made England captain Bobby Moore look like a school boy player..on his own ground,in front of his own fans.

That's the magic of Bell..on a quagmire of a pitch I might add.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.