Who scored the first City goal you saw 'live'?

Early seventies Stoke away, big Xmas City presence in a full house. City won 3 - 1 and Tony Book scored!

Mine was Martin Petrov against Reading in 2007 that i can actually remember, when Stephen Ireland scored that screamer in extra time.

Id been to Maine Road quite a few times when i was little but i didnt really remember it, anyone got a video of the Stephen Ireland goal, would love to see that again :)

Not sure as i was only 4 and it was away at Oldham on good friday 1984 - can anyone help me out? i know it ended 2-2.

I didn't go again for 2 seasons, until last home game of season 1985-86 against Luton. Pretty sure Mark Lillis scored so that was the first City goal i saw at Maine Road.

The last goal i saw was Yaya's --- COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we played Norwich, and I know we won 3-1, and I know Mark Kennedy scored two goals in one minute to win us the game... but I can't for the life of me remember who scored the first. I keep thinking it was Goater.

The last City goal I saw live was Yaya Toure's in the FA Cup Final. How far have we come? Wow.

MCFC BOB said:
I know we played Norwich, and I know we won 3-1, and I know Mark Kennedy scored two goals in one minute to win us the game... but I can't for the life of me remember who scored the first. I keep thinking it was Goater.

The last City goal I saw live was Yaya Toure's in the FA Cup Final. How far have we come? Wow.
It was the Goat according to MCFCStats.

Dave Bennett away at Norwich.

It must have been 1979 as it was 3 days after my 10th Birthday........he scored both that day in a 2-2 draw.

The "kids" today don't know how lucky they are with every goal scored, filmed at 100 different angles.

I'll never see that Bennett goal ever again......sigh!!!!

bluemarauder10 said:
Not sure as i was only 4 and it was away at Oldham on good friday 1984 - can anyone help me out? i know it ended 2-2.

I didn't go again for 2 seasons, until last home game of season 1985-86 against Luton. Pretty sure Mark Lillis scored so that was the first City goal i saw at Maine Road.

The last goal i saw was Yaya's --- COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jesus mate you picked a lively 1st game,i was at that match and lets just say City kept the local plod very busy,can't remember who scored though sorry,remember Megson scoring on his debut with a header against Oldham around that time! think it was on the plastic pitch as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.