Who scored the first City goal you saw 'live'?

First game was city v sunderland in August 66 just after England won the world cup and I got hooked on football aged 8. I think it was 1-0 to city and Johnny Crossan scored although I can't remember much else.

MCFCinUSA said:
Brian Kidd & Dave Watson, when we beat Ipswich Town 2-1 at Maine Road back on April 2, 1977; I was in the Platt Lane that day.
I was in North Stand behind the net where 'that' Dave Watson header was banged in. Can still hear the thud!
My first game was v Norwich 16 august 1975. Think it was Franny Lee but not too sure. Could have been Colin Bell. Anyone know?

unsworthblue said:
bluemarauder10 said:
Not sure as i was only 4 and it was away at Oldham on good friday 1984 - can anyone help me out? i know it ended 2-2.

I didn't go again for 2 seasons, until last home game of season 1985-86 against Luton. Pretty sure Mark Lillis scored so that was the first City goal i saw at Maine Road.

The last goal i saw was Yaya's --- COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jesus mate you picked a lively 1st game,i was at that match and lets just say City kept the local plod very busy,can't remember who scored though sorry,remember Megson scoring on his debut with a header against Oldham around that time! think it was on the plastic pitch as well

it wasn't out of choice, i was dragged there by my dad! - it got me hooked though. Just about all i do remember is seeing loads of dibble and fans climbing up some step ladders to the seats in the upper tier.

The Megson game was in january 89, by which time i was a regular. i was in the Chaddy end and it was great to see 10,000 inflatables going barmy in the rochdale road end when megson scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.