Who will replace Foden as the next project?

The amount of talent in the academy right now is incredible. Reigning FA Youth Cup champions, and we`re currently winning the PL2 and U18 table. I think that Lavia, McAtee, Palmer, Doyle and Delap all have the ability to become future first-teamers. Of course that depends on a lot of things, but the talent is there. Dinho, Aguero, Mahrez, KDB and Gundogan will all be 30+ come the summer, so hopefully a couple of our youth players could make it. Hypothetically, if Laporte wanted to go somewhere else we have 4 brilliant young CBs with Mbete, THB, Burns and Doyle. Exciting times ahead
Actually 2nd in the U18 league by 3 points to United albeit with a game in hand. They play on Tuesday away to Derby who are very much a mid-table team with a goal difference of -11 compared to our +35 so all things being equal should see us go back top.

I'm not 100% certain of Palmer myself (probably just not seen enough of him TBF). He seems a little too laid back and languid at times although Mahrez is a good comparison and it's not done him any harm.

Actually 2nd in the U18 league by 3 points to United albeit with a game in hand. They play on Tuesday away to Derby who are very much a mid-table team with a goal difference of -11 compared to our +35 so all things being equal should see us go back top.

I'm not 100% certain of Palmer myself (probably just not seen enough of him TBF). He seems a little too laid back and languid at times although Mahrez is a good comparison and it's not done him any harm.
Didn’t realise the rags played yesterday. Hopefully we’ll go back top

I think Palmer just has a playing style that looks languid, but he’s actually very hard working.

He's rightly been lauded elsewhere on the forum of late,but Lavia has to be in the thinking for the next 'breakthrough'

If I had to pick just one player, it's McAtee. Palmer and Doyle are also good choices but McAtee just has something in the midfield role that some players never develop over their entire careers, perfect control of the ball, knows when to release and the weight of the pass, far closer to David Silva than Foden for example.

We need this kind of player, and he has the benefit of the oldest players playing in his position (Gundogan and Kevin).

4/5 players. McAtee, Palmer, Doyle, Lavia and Delap.

Although Palmer looks languid in his style, it seems more like a composed style to me. Time seems to slow down around him when he plays a pass or moves the ball.

Doyle has a great whip on his passes and crosses. Not blessed with pace but does the basics very well.

Lavia is an exciting one. One who has been lauded recently. His progression will be interesting to watch.

McAtee. Calm on the ball. Can play any type of pass, loves the ball at his feet. Would love for him really to take the place of one of the senior players if they left. A bit lightweight but as he grows and also continues to work with the coaches, that will change with time.

Delap. A goal scorer. Headers, back heels, screamers, scorchers, weak foot, a tank. Has the potential to be something special. A bit of a hothead, and his aggression somewhat spills over a bit which has seen him sent off on numerous occasions. Just needs to reign it in a bit. A bit of work on his hold up play amongst other minute details, and you have a spectacular player.

Hopefully, it’s these lads that make it within the next few years. Fingers and toes crossed.

A bit of a hothead, and his aggression somewhat spills over a bit which has seen him sent off on numerous occasions. Just needs to reign it in a bit.

There's a fine line you have to walk, I think. Nobody wants to see their main man have to leave the pitch early but sometimes that edge is an essential part of who a player is. Rooney was half the player once he reigned it in and Diego Costa would be of no use to anyone if he didn't spend 90 minutes constantly putting himself about and being a total head case.

Like I said, you obviously don't want to go down to ten men but that aggression could be harnessed and bring something else to the team.

There's a fine line you have to walk, I think. Nobody wants to see their main man have to leave the pitch early but sometimes that edge is an essential part of who a player is. Rooney was half the player once he reigned it in and Diego Costa would be of no use to anyone if he didn't spend 90 minutes constantly putting himself about and being a total head case.

Like I said, you obviously don't want to go down to ten men but that aggression could be harnessed and bring something else to the team.

Most definitely. If it can be channeled into facets of his game, that’d be very good. I like that he can give it back to the defenders. Nonetheless, best way is to embarrass them with more goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.