Who will win euro 2024

no idea... I just hope England go out at the group stage and waistcost gets the bullet... not litera... on second thoughts...

I really don't care. I have no interest in the England team or internationals. I would rather see City win a throw in than England win the world cup.

England should but wont (moron manager)

Will be France

No one 'should' win a knockout competition in sport where there's many top teams with world class players and so many other factors that come into play.

Otherwise Man City 'should' be winning the champions league every year.

I think it's more a point that we've had fairly favourable fixtures tournaments under waistcoat but can't seem get over the line in games considered 50-50 or against a team ranked similar to us and we come unstuck tactically. That seems to be a very common theme with Southgate..

In 2018 our knockout games were Colombia, scraped through on pens, beat Sweden. Both teams we should beat. Knocked out by Croatia. No tactical changes when the game was turning.

2021, our knockout games were a very poor German side, Ukraine and Denmark. All lesser teams. Threw away the final tactically.

2022. Beat Senegal as we should. Done by France.

Yeah people can say he got us further than other managers, but that's either because they massively underperformed or met harder teams early on.

That doesn't automatically mean Southgate did a great job just because those before him were poor. Greatness isn't measured against the failures that come before you, it's based on what you achieve in your time.

he's done a decent job. He's beat who we should. He can't beat the teams around our level when it matters. You wouldn't stand for that at club level because you know it wins you nothing.

Not a patch on Bobby robsons Italy 90 squad who should have won the cup .

Really?

I thought the squad looked pretty thin this international break, if Chilwell was the best we had available at left back. If Stones is injured in a tournament, you're left with the likes of Maguire and Dunk as your CB pairing, imagine them against France haha. If Rice got injured, we would probably play Henderson.

I think England have enough good attacking options. Defensively there's a huge drop off in quality if there's an injury. Not sure I'd say that's a very deep squad, especially defensively.
You're just taking the worst case scenario though and yeah if they were all injured then we would struggle.

But looking on the bright side, if everyone was fit, the defence is more than good enough and the clueless one would have some big decisions to make.

Defenders off the top of my head:
Walker, Trippier, Konsa, Arnold, James, Stones, Tomori, Maguire, Dunk, Branthwaite, Geuhi, Shaw, Chilwell, Mitchell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.