Why are English managers so garbage?

English managers do not get a chance at the big clubs, because of the money involved there will always be someone better, they also lack European experience, we have very few managers abroad. For me it is an FA problem that they should rectify, by making it mandatory that every foreign manager, has to have an English assistant manager, then it is up to them to learn.
Stuart Pearce should have stuck at it, he called his managerial time too soon really.

It’s interesting that none of the recent English managers who’ve had a modicum of success in the Premier League, Hodgson, Potter, Howe, had much, if any of a playing career at the top level.
I can never recall seeing Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger playing any football.
Not sure what level ferguson played at.
Of the top 5 successful Premier league managers, the only one I saw on a pitch in a pair of shorts was Pep.

Probably stems from the school system. Pick the biggest lads and boot it forward as soon as possible. Anyone smaller with skill gets marginalised or called greedy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.